Really want SlingBox on the Droid

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh no.. i just mean there is a thread that talks about what you WANT on your droid.. no worries!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh dude i hear ya.. i'm SO excited.. just gotta make sure i'm not working friday morning!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well if you get bored or anything please post the apps your looking at getting in my thread, would be appreciated.

OP
souljerr

souljerr

Reaction score
I have posted a couple that I'm looking at but will add another post after I've had a chance to dig through the android app store.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can just edit your original no worries. Yeah i've been trying to search through forums and apps and everything to see what i'd want, most of what i'd like has been stated 2-3 times already lol. you are the first one to talk about weight apps, which is something i'm sure alot of people could use, either for themselves or a loved one. Thanks for bringing it up, i hadn't even thought about something like that until you said it.

Inundated

Reaction score
No matter where I put it, thread wise...yes, can't wait for SlingPlayer on the Droid! I have it on my WM phone now, on a Treo 700wx with that small, square screen...

I am assuming the ad posted at the top means that Sling is at least headed in the direction of an Android app. With the success of the Droid seeming quite likely, they'll probably continue, and hopefully do some coding that takes advantage of the Droid's amazing screen.

droido

Reaction score
I just went to a verizon store here to buy a droid, and found that Flash isn't supported, so... no Hulu, no sling.com, no slingbox.

I asked if slingbox would be supported soon, they said, "No, not likely, because it would compete with our mobile TV app."

Disappointed.
:mad:

Hope they're wrong about that. I'll buy one for me, one for my wife the minute I can watch my slingbox on it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just went to a verizon store here to buy a droid, and found that Flash isn't supported, so... no Hulu, no sling.com, no slingbox.

I asked if slingbox would be supported soon, they said, "No, not likely, because it would compete with our mobile TV app."

Disappointed.
:mad:

Hope they're wrong about that. I'll buy one for me, one for my wife the minute I can watch my slingbox on it.

Flash support is coming in 2010. I'm just not sure what qtr. it is expected in