1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Really really poor 3g service 25 April

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by BostonDan, Apr 26, 2010.

1. BostonDan

BostonDan Member

I have the new baseband flashed, and I have never had this problem before, but yesterday my phone would not hold a signal (not 3g, not 1x) at all! I had many voicemails that never came though, and my data service was horrible!

Finally, at about 10 pm last night it seemed to come back. I don't think this was a verizon issue, as other people I know still used verizon phones (but I should have checked my "dumb-phone" 2nd line, but never did).

I'm just curious if anybody else experienced this.

I'm located in the southeast Michigan area and usually have 4-5 bars coverage wherever I go.

Cheers,
    B.D.
  2. butch350

butch350 New Member

For me, it was the 26th i think - called verizon - they played stupid - had
    me do the *228 thing - however later that day eveything went back to
    normal with the 3x.
  3. bishoy

bishoy New Member

yea I had the same problem. They told me that was an issue with all 3G towers in Jacksonville, FL (even though i am 300 miles away from Jacksonville) and that no verizon customer has data at this time. my friend was sitting right next to me with a Droid Eris and it was working fine.

When I told him I was no where near Jacksonville and that I had a working Eris in my hand, he put me on hold so he could "talk to tech support and see what is going on". I was on hold for two hours until he finally had the decency to hang up.

I could just hear the commercials in my head.....
    "If it was 9PM and you were out of the house and you had to email your teacher your portfolio, which 3G network would you choose?"
    Its a good thing I had an Eris.
  4. Mooneypilot39u

Mooneypilot39u New Member

Lost 3G network

I my self have lost 3G coverage on my Droid. Started on 04-28-2010 Wednesday morning. The strange thing is only at my work location here in Irvine California. I get a mile from work and the system reconnects. The outage has affected every Droid owner here a little differently. From minimal outage, to total as in my case. That also includes no phone calls. Different reboot techniques have worked for some to no joy for others. Calls to Verizion Tech support have resulted in no clue why.
  5. BostonDan

BostonDan Member

After suffering for a few days with this problem I finally went back to the original baseband. Since then I have not had a problem with coverage. I liked the speed of the new baseband but found the service unstable.

Cheers,
    B.D.
  6. dscaglione

dscaglione New Member

I began having this same issue, and still am, starting about 2 weeks ago when I noticed that my battery was lasting about 5 hours as opposed to the normal 12-18 hours. After spending a few calls with the same VZW tech(very knowledgable, btw), 4 hard resets and cache wipes, replacing the SD card, going to a local VZW store and replacing my Droid altogether, he began to do some digging and found that there are over 20 open tickets regarding this issue with Google and Motorola with the Motorola Droid and that the 2.2 update is *supposed* to fix this issue. We checked my RSSI signal(and he did too at his office and had the same issue with his Motorola Droid) and it is at the very minimum 86, but normally around 105, yet no more than 2 bars ever appear on the phone, most of the time, 1 or no bars for 3G.

We discovered that the issue stems from the signal being just fine, but the phone doesn't realize that and so tends to drop calls and/or switch back and forth between 1x and 3G. My wife has a Blackberry Storm 2 and I also have an LG ENV2 and they do not experience this issue at all.

Hope this helps.