REALLY messed up email accounts - emails from several accts going to one inbox

shannahsings

Reaction score
I have my main Gmail account that was used to set up my phone (got it a month ago) and a few other yahoo and Gmail accounts for spam, online ordering, small business and such. For the two weeks or so, all of these email accounts behaved very well. Then suddenly about a week ago, emails from ALL of my accounts started showing up in my main Gmail inbox, as well as in their respective accounts. It's as if my main Gmail account has suddenly become my Universal Inbox.

I tried deleting all email accounts and recreating them. I was able to delete all accounts but my main Gmail account. when trying to delete this account, I got a really cryptic message stating that I can only delete this account by resetting to factory defaults which deletes all personal data. The thought of that just kinda makes me curl up a fetal position so I aborted.

Even after deleting all other email accounts, the emails for those accounts were STILL showing up in my main Gmail account. I was actually still receiving mail from accts that had been deleted. I totally do not understand that.

One thing I did notice when I go into "Messaging" and "Manage Accounts", the icon for the main Google account that they used to set up my phone looks different from the other Gmail accounts. All of my other Gmail accounts have the white envelope with the big red M. The main Gmail account that was used to set up my phone has a big white "g" in a black box. Not sure why that account looks different.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ashobe

Reaction score
Use backup assist (Verizon). You can double check at the verizon site, then hit the factory reset..done several times, never had a problem.