Really Lags

clborden

Reaction score
So I went to VZW to have my D2 replaced... I left and walked into the AT&T store next door. I picked the little HTC Aria up and started to play with it. Oh my God this thing was incredibly snappy. So I started to compare it with my Droid 2 and there was no comparison. If it wasn't for that ridiculously small screen I would have switched to it on the spot. Is this lagging thing normal for the Droid 2? It lags in the app tray, the contact list, and anything that requires scrolling. Also, this thing has shut off twice on its own. And this is my second one. Is this to be expected? Or am I just having bad luck?:confused:

pool_shark

Reaction score
So I went to VZW to have my D2 replaced... I left and walked into the AT&T store next door. I picked the little HTC Aria up and started to play with it. Oh my God this thing was incredibly snappy. So I started to compare it with my Droid 2 and there was no comparison. If it wasn't for that ridiculously small screen I would have switched to it on the spot. Is this lagging thing normal for the Droid 2? It lags in the app tray, the contact list, and anything that requires scrolling. Also, this thing has shut off twice on its own. And this is my second one. Is this to be expected? Or am I just having bad luck?:confused:

Mine only lags if I'm scrolling the gallery for the first time after reboot, and when receiving a text or email.

tktouch12

Reaction score
well i dont have a droid 2, but the obvious answer for your problem is to return your droid 2 and get an incredible. its htc, so it will be snappy (even better than the aria) and it has the same size screen as the d2.

OP
C

clborden

Reaction score
well i dont have a droid 2, but the obvious answer for your problem is to return your droid 2 and get an incredible. its htc, so it will be snappy (even better than the aria) and it has the same size screen as the d2.

My only problem is I started off with a Droid X. I was having problems with it and the customer service rep offered me to switch over to the D2, which I accepted. So I already used my one exchange. Now I'm stuck with this thing that I'm really disappointed with, & I have like a 4 days left before I get locked in to my contract.

pool_shark

Reaction score

My only problem is I started off with a Droid X. I was having problems with it and the customer service rep offered me to switch over to the D2, which I accepted. So I already used my one exchange. Now I'm stuck with this thing that I'm really disappointed with, & I have like a 4 days left before I get locked in to my contract.

Can't you just return it and go back to your previous device until something else comes out?

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
the only lagging issue i have is when i try responding to texts with the messaging widget. its really bad then, words get stuck between each other with swype w up?hats (whats up?)

tktouch12

Reaction score
so you're not within 30 days? because if you were you could just return it. otherwise, i bet a factory reset would help, if not, complain and get a new one or if your lucky try to get an incredible

slowtype

Reaction score
Do you have an app killer?

Since I removed the app killer mine no longer lags or crashes.

aozoranotsuki

Reaction score
no, well.. i didnt.. i went to verizon today to buy an extended battery, and she asked if i used task killer, and i said "no, i hear they are bad news" so she promptly puts it ON my phone anyways... i was expecting her to say not to use them. but anyways, i havent noticed a change in the messaging widget lag with or without the killer

slowtype

Reaction score
Why would the app killer cause lag?

I wish I knew the technical answer.

I just learned this from personal experience. The verizon salesman put one on my phone the day I bought it. I was having pathetic battery life and the phone would lag and sometimes crash so bad that I had to remove the battery.

After I removed the app killer these problems diminished.

All that I changed was removing the app killer.

bobby_v

Reaction score
Why would the app killer cause lag?

I wish I knew the technical answer.

I just learned this from personal experience. The verizon salesman put one on my phone the day I bought it. I was having pathetic battery life and the phone would lag and sometimes crash so bad that I had to remove the battery.

After I removed the app killer these problems diminished.

All that I changed was removing the app killer.

Would it crash on screen rotation while listening to music before you uninstalled the app killer?

slowtype

Reaction score
yes, I was listening to music and tried to respond to a text.

Also screen rotations were always slow.

OP
C

clborden

Reaction score
I ended up returning the D2 and got out of my contract right in time. You know I did have a task killer on it though. Now this dude at BestBuy told me that "Advanced Task Killer" is really bad for my old DX and couldn't really explain why. He told me to use "Taskiller" & I just kept using it when I switched to the D2. Now this might explain why I kept having problems with both devices. Either way, I'm thinking especially with Froyo, using these task killers are just a bad idea.