Really annoying market issue

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by VideoGameMatt, Jul 8, 2010.

1. VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt New Member

Has anyone else had this problem? When you download/update an app from the market in BB 0.4 it won't download or it downloads and then doesn't install thus removing the app from your phone. Or the download progress bar completes then doesn't finish downloading? I have had all these problems but today it was really bad cause i bought root explorer and it took me 5 tries to download it. it kept downloading then not installing it would keep hanging with the download bar full then i would have to retry downloading it. And then i tried to update my google shopper and it took me two tries cause on the first try it removed google shopper from my phone! Has anyone had this problem? It is driving me nuts!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

3. cnolson

cnolson New Member

I too am having this problem. I will post to the forum if I find a solution.
  4. ljholland

ljholland New Member

I had this exact problem with Titanium Backup. The symptom was that it would immediately start download the update....once downloaded, it wouldn't install. I was trying to remove, reinstall, everything. The Market always started to immediately download the update but wouldn't finish the installation.

It's not the app....it's the market. I tried everything but what finally worked was this: Normally, I was tapping on the progress bar to cancel the download. This would display the applications page with info and the Cancel button on the bottom.

INSTEAD, do a long press on the progress bar as it's trying to download. This will pop up a menu allowing you to cancel. If you cancel this way, it finishes the installation properly. I don't get it....but the code behind that cancel button is different. It's a bug in Market.