1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Really annoying icon problem

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by TuBitMittens, Jul 10, 2010.

1. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

:icon_eek::icon_evil:so after installing pete's untouched froyo rom I've been having this wierd glitch with quite a few of my app icons, and generally it's the same ones like apps 2 sd, adobe showcase and so on. When I boot up my phone these apps are usually always a icon picture of the green android bot as oppose to what the icons SHOULD look like. I am not worried TOO much but this suff make me really picky. When I drag them to the recycling bin and then back they'll change to their proper form, but everytime I reboot my phone it will be the same thing. I currently running bugless beast 0.4 with the black glass theme(or whatever you call it)
    Just to avoid confusion THIS PROBLEM HAS OCCURED BEFORE BUGLESS USING THE UNTOUCHED FROYO ROM
    help is appreciated. :)
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Happy to help. I moved your post to see if maybe the bugless folks can help you out. I don't run a ROM and I don't have issues like this so I'm thinking maybe the ROM has something to do with it.

I could be wrong. But here is where I think you belong.
  3. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

yea, sorry bout that. thanks. but I would like to just say, this has also been occurring BEFORE I installed bugless so I can tell its not because of that.
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Not sure what is causing this issue but my sense is it has something to do with apps2SD not being recognized when your phone is booted. I do not use apps2SD so I'm not able to provide guidance on removal, therefore, I would suggest switching to a different rom and see if the rectifies the issue.

Let us know how you resolve.

Mike
  5. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

:( but I wanna be on the latest version of froyo....lol but thanks for the suggestion.
    erm...I think I know WHY this might be happening with the apps and the os is not recognizing the right icons for the apps, but I'm afraid I'm gonna lose a ton of respect on these forums...<_<(take a good guess)
  6. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

You can be on the latest version of Froyo. Currently, there are several rom build on FRB84. I believe BB v0.4, SS 4, UD, SD 6.

Mike
  7. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

I'm pretty sure I'm using that....ALRIGHT I CONFESS.....I am a bit of a pirate(please don't ban me!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol) so I think some of those "unknown sources" aren't being recognized with the app icons. BUT The ak notepad and app to sd switches, along with the adobe showcase I got from the market so idk why those are having problems too..
  8. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Really? No ones answered this one?.... [/FACEPALM]

Listen up, it's been asked and answered so much it's not even funny. Those apps coming up with the generic green android box when you boot the phone are apps that are on your SD card (yes, installed there). So when you boot the phone your launcher loads your apps, but the phone is still preparing the SD card; your launcher can't find them until your phone prepares, mounts, and reads the SD card.

Next time, please read the thread for the respective ROM you want to use. The 200+ pages aren't 200+ pages of a boring book or a record of someone's boring conversation. It'll usually be 200+ pages of information, perhaps some or a lot of praises, but most likely full of the same questions you are bound to have and possibly an answer to it too.
  9. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

So what exactly is your suggestion??? And I apologize for recycling a topic that's came up so many times before, and now that you mention it I was having a launcher problem. Even after clearing and setting defaults each time I started my phone it would ask me which launcher to use(home launcher, adw, launch beta pro or whatever..I want to stick with launcher beta pro)
    AND THE APPS STAY LIKE THAT...It's not like I load up my phone for the first time the images just take some time to load, in that case I would understand. But these things just stay like that.
  10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Choose which app > Move to phone

Do this for every app you don't want to have that problem with, or any app that has a widget you would like to use.
  11. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Alright thank you. Actually I made another thread(I get REALLY frantic anytime I hack device so I go around asking lol..) and it seems like force closing launcherpro(the one I'm using) also helps. It's a bit annoying that I have to do it EACH TIME I START UP but at least my droid doesn't look like an alpha build pile of crap. XD
    So, I guess it's basically a common glitch of custom roms when switching apps to the sd card, huh?
    I went nuts with a terminal app moving a crapload of my other apps to my sd card for kicks of using the new feature and organizing space so I guess it makes sense.
  12. skaman9876

skaman9876 New Member

With launcher pro it's super easy to fix your issue. Every time i reboot my phone I wait till the sd card is mounted and ready. Then hit the menu capacitive button -> preferences (for launcher pro) -> scroll to bottom Click restart launcher pro. Voila all icons are as they should be. Pretty quick process and very painless.
  13. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Uh, wrong, the latest version of Launcher Pro fixed that and apps will appear in the app tray without having to restart the launcher, great reading there bud.
  14. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex New Member

ZeroBarrier do you have any standup material on video? You are the "Larry David" of the forums. You are killing me.
  15. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Hot Damn; that makes me feel so much better, that someone at least enjoys my posts.

I can safely say that if the people I try to help don't learn a damn thing, I at least made someone smile.

:icon_ banana:
  16. audioman42

audioman42 New Member

I have the latest version and I still get the screwy icons when I reboot. It takes two seconds to restart launcherpro though so it's really not a problem.
  17. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Or you can avoid the need to restart Launcher Pro entirely by putting the apps you have shortcuts to on your homescreen into internal memory.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but why bother restarting the launcher every single time I reboot when I don't have to?
  18. audioman42

audioman42 New Member

Because I want Google earth on my homescreen but not in my internal memory. 22mb...
  19. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

And before Apps2SD, where did you have Google Earth installed?

Seriously, just learn to juggle your apps between internal and SD card. Is it really that hard for you to do such a simple thing? You can put every non-essential app on SD card and then those few apps that you want to use on your homescreen (icon on homescreen, widgets, etc.) you simply leave those in internal memory.

You have 200+MB of internal memory to juggle with!!! What is the big deal?!? If it's so disappointing, then just go back to 2.1, really...
  20. audioman42

audioman42 New Member

There is no big deal. Are you a female? My b1tchometer just went crazy...