REAL SMS Forwarding???

zero7starz

Reaction score
I have a G1 with a personal phone number that I need to forward SMS messages to my Droid phone while I'm at work (or just feel like having the Droid on me instead :D). This, is proving to be an issue I had not anticipated. There are apps like DGAway, that will basically leave me a SMS voice mail type list of SMS messages I've gotten on my G1 with the numbers of who sent the messages, but I can't reply to them because its in a thread all sent from the G1 number. I need the G1 to send the message to my Droid /from/ the person who sent me the origional text, and then perferably back the same way.

Like: Texter > G1 > Droid > G1 > Texter. Is there any kind of way to do this? I understand this is like an impossible request as it would have to turn the phones all into like router type devices, but I'm thinking that if it can do it for calls, and as a wireless router, that this might be plausable. I'd also settle for just a way to go Texter > G1 > Droid > Texter. Just a way so that people don't have to try to contact me at both numbers if they're trying to reach me during most days.

I understand there is also the Google Voice option, but I can't get an invite to save my life, and even then it would end up giving everyone a third number to try to contact me at, and I'd really rather just keep it simple.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You actually only have to give them the GV number and then you can pick which devices get calls and/or SMS forwarded. PM me your email and I'll send you an invite if you're not having any luck with the GV invite thread.