1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Real Reason For the Delay?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by pattikate, Feb 23, 2011.

1. pattikate

pattikate New Member

Ok, so I've read something on another android website that worries me. Someone said he spoke with a verizon rep who told him the reason the Thunderbolt is being delayed is due to tech issues with connection and battery life. This person stated that in testing, the Thunderbolt's battery dies within an hour of being connected to 4G. He claims they're trying to work out glitches. I sure hope that is exaggerated, because an hour of battery life is unacceptable.

Assuming that is just an unfounded far-fetched rumor, is anyone concerned about the Thunderbolt's battery capacity? How do you think a 1400 mAH battery will hold up?
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

You do realize since a date was never announce its not actually delayed??
    Only thing that's been officially said is Q1 2011, so still got a whole month before it can be said its been delayed.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

Similar to D1 & D2 1300mah batteries.
  4. shortsxit

shortsxit New Member

Wasn't the announcement Q2/possibly March?
  5. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

TB was Q1.....march is still first quarter so got time. The new Droid line is due in Q2 though.

Sent from somewhere...
  6. guitar923

guitar923 New Member

I find it much easier to believe that Skype not working right is the problem. I've been running their latest beta releases on my Win Vista laptop for about a year now, and they are horrible, if you can get them to work at all.
  7. wisdroid

wisdroid New Member

Verizon employee here: I was with tech support for the past 2 years and now manage a retail store. As far as the company is concerned, it absolutely was an official delay. An announcement of an official release date was never made to consumers but it was made to all of the stores (Best Buy, corp retail, etc.), and that date was pushed from February 14th to the 24th and then there was rumor of the 28th, but the official memo came out earlier today, stating that the launch will be delayed and there is NO new ETA. In fact, my bet is that it may be a minute due to the fact that they have also ordered us to cease all orders of accessories for the TB for the time being. Neither I nor anyone I know still in tech support has heard anything about the craziness the OP spoke of dealing with 1 hour battery life (WTF??!!) or connectivity issues. The only valid issue we have been told is a possible delay due to Skype things being worked out correctly.
  8. Shogun613

Shogun613 New Member

If that's the case, the company needs to make some kind of announcement to curb all of this craziness regarding the release of this phone. Saying nothing just makes it look like some kind of PR disaster.
  9. H412D

H412D New Member

Stop making stuff up
  10. shortsxit

shortsxit New Member

You're not talking about the announcement at CES, are you?
  11. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads New Member

Well I can say one of my friend is a manager at VZW and he sent me a text this morning telling me he got an email saying it got pushed back and there is no date now
  12. lapeter

lapeter New Member

I think this is one of the few current reliable comments. Thanks. I hope it come soon.

13. dbst

dbst New Member

'black_man_x' a very reliable source on twitter, said one of the reasons was the network wasn't ready for the stress yet and it could cause the TB to reset in the middle of a call

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  14. wisdroid

wisdroid New Member

Yeah thats true. I did hear that they were going to run out and upgrade a couple thousand 4g transmitters to be able to handle the load of 1 phone. LOL Whoever "Black_Man_X" is clearly has no clue how a mobile network even works. VZW would have far greater concerns, like a whole engineering department to fire immediately, if the 4g network couldn't handle the stress of 1 phone that won't use half the data that the tons of already active 4g mobile broadband cards are using. And fyi to Black_Man_X also, the network is still going to use the already existing CDMA 1X for voice coverage so the 4g network has absolutely nothing to do with phone calls. Just sayin.:icon_eek:
  15. XKXDISTURBEDXKX

XKXDISTURBEDXKX New Member

16. pudah

pudah New Member

... a minute?
  17. Element Box

Element Box New Member

Good point, no VoLTE, but what about the 3g simultaneous voice and data? could that reset the phone? or possibly the 3g/4g handoff in the middle of downloading?

BTW, black_man_x is one of the testers higher up in the verizon chain who has been using the phone for awhile now
  18. droiddon817

droiddon817 New Member

Oh to add a little smile to my fellow droids. My mother in law upgraded to her first smart phone. We go in and she's looking at Droids. I walk outside and the rep tries to explain to her that the "IPhone" is easier to use than a droid. My mother in law says "my son in law has a droid, I don't want that apple mess" no lie it was hilarious. Oh and the rep let me play with a dummy phone because they had a sign in the door "HTC Thunderbol" "2/28"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  19. dajogejr

dajogejr New Member

20. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

I saw a TB commercial on T V last night. That was a firstfkr me, so I think it will be out soon. Why wast ad bucks on product not due soon.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
delayed calling on htc thunderbolt
delayed dialing htc thunderbolt
explain reason delay email
galaxy s4 delay dailing

htc thunderbolt delayed dialing

htc thunderbolt dial pause
samsung forum delayed dialing on android
thunderbolt dialing phone delay problem
unc avatar