real quick question

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by JWis, Mar 11, 2010.

1. JWis

JWis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to install the Ultimate Droid 6.5 on my phone. I installed the DroidMod rom last night and was wondering if there is anything i need to delete for me to install the U.D. rom. Also, whats the difference between the nandroid file and tgz file? thanks in advance, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im just a noob myself, but I am running Ult 6.5 and its amazing. Running smooth and perfect. I completely erased my phone before installing it cause I just wanted to come fresh. Now, from what I know you do a nandroid restore using the nandroid file... then you go back to the main menu and install, choose rom, and pick the tgz file. This will run thru some steps and let you choose what you want installed or not. For example I wanted stuff like live wallpapers and such, but I didnt want MixZing, Pandora and such... its just to let you choose what to install and uninstall....

3. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    actually tgz is not working. download the 7.0 update.zip, place in root of sdcard, not inside any folder. reboot recovery. go into backup / restore and make a simple nandroid backup, then hit power button twice to main menu and select wipe data, then select wipe cache, then go down to install and select it then select allow update.zip then select install update.zip depreciated. and reboot. more instructions in the thread on cusotm kernels for over clocking and customizing it.

for 6.5 unzip the nandroid download and put in a folder you make called ultimate6-5 spelled exactly like that and no spaces. place in nandroid folder on sdcard, then reboot recovery and make a simple nandroid backup incase anything happens, wipe data and cache then select backup /restore and go down to advanced restore and select ultimate6-5 and perform restore. then reboot.

#3 srtfool32, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. JWis

JWis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok guys thanks for your help, i think im gonna install 7.0
    edit*** if i already have an update.zip, do i replace that one or do i just rename the 7.0 update zip?

#4 JWis, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can only be one at a time in the root of the sdcard. the one your gonna use must be named update.zip nothing else or wont work.