ready to upgrade from Razr MAXX HD

hermans_man

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Rzr MAXX HD
okay, I'm ready to upgrade [FROM] the Razr MAXX HD and I'm interested in those that had a the RMHD, what phone you decided to get next and why?

I think I have the phone fever and the Turbo looks to be the way to go due to battery life, but then again, my phone is 2 years old and perhaps even some of the newer phones get just as good of battery life and the RMHD and I just don't realize it.

Anyway, previous RMHD owners who upgraded, what did you go to and why?

thanks!

Edited to fix context.

Last edited by a moderator:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah I've had all of the droids.. The hd was/is awesome... The maxx was better, the turbo is waaaay better.. To me anyway..

4k screen, better camera, the best battery of any droid yet. It does have a few issues.. Well.. For some.. Mine has been pretty awesome.. I recommend it.. If you like droids.. And lollipop will be coming soon.. But with a few software tweaks.. The turbo will be a rocket.. Its fast now.. Just has some "rushed to production" issues..

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Fixed... Stupid keyboard. .

OP
H

hermans_man

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Rzr MAXX HD
Oh my.. i meant to say I am ready to upgrade FROM the RMHD!!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a GS5 and had the upgrade bug and my contract was up for renewal. I went in to VZW and looked at the Note 5 and the Turbo.

At the time, the Turbo was $199, but if you traded in a phone they gave you $100 plus waved the upgrade fee. That put the Turbo at $99, and the Note 4 at $299. To me, the Note 4 was what I wanted, but $200 more made it not worth it to me... So I got the Turbo.

Very nice phone. Fast, great screen, nothing wrong with it. But to be honest, it was not much different than the GS5. Roughly the same size screen, marginally cleaner, the Moto controls are nice. But side by side, the Turbo really is more of a lateral move. I didn't notice a speed difference, but that is because the GS5 is a fast phone.

Batter life was nice, I will give it that. But to get it you give up an SD slot, an IR blaster, the heart rate monitor, camera quality is mediocre at best, currently there is no voice and data at the same time, and the call volume is very low(common for Moto phones)... When you look at what you give up, just to get a marginally crisper screen and better battery life, I didn't feel like it was much of an "upgrade" overall...

But then on Black Friday the Note 4 went on sale, to $199 and they threw in a free Ellipsis 8 tablet and upped our 10GB data plan to 15GB for free. They also credited the $100 trade in to the Note 4 and waived the restocking fee.

The Note 4, is everything that I loved about the GS5, but bigger, faster and the screen is drop dead gorgeous. The S-pen is cool, it's thin, has an SD slot and all the cool stuff, etc...

Nothing wrong with the Turbo, but I felt like it could have been more. It seemed like it was relying too heavily on the Droid reputation to draw in "fans". The Specs look great and there isn't anything wrong with it, but at the same time the way it was executed didn't set it apart from the pack either...

Reactions: cr6