ready to root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by andyredhorse, Jun 24, 2010.

1. andyredhorse

andyredhorse New Member

ok, so i've been reading this site for a while and still am not 100% sure on how to root, even though i read the "how to". my main reasons for rooting are to tether/wi-fi hot spot, get more screens, and basically to overclock it a bit. my problem is i dont know what ROMS will give me these features. will any/all roms do this? also, i'd love to get flash player if thats in any specific ROM....but i doubt it.

just looking for a bit more guidance. i'm in a little bit over my head with this rooting thing. trying to find the simplest and most idiot proof way to do it.

thanks
  2. mgrover1

mgrover1 New Member

3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Just about every ROM will give you the option for wireless or wired tether and overclocking. Additional homescreens can be done without rooting by installing a homescreen replacement like LauncherPRO or ADW Launcher (but the stock launcher is modified to have more screens on most ROMS as well).

If you pick a rom based on Froyo (2.2), you will be able to get flash working as well.

Step 1 is rooting, and that's the hardest part. Forget roms for now and just get that first bit taken care of. Once you have a recovery console installed (SPRecovery or Clockwork Recovery), the rest is very straightforward.
  4. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Andy, I also followed the above link instructions and it was simple.

Any questions during the process just ask here. And you can get some guidance.

Once you follow those steps. THEN you can install a custom rom, which is very easy to do. First do the aboce steps in the link. Then we can worry about getting you on kangerade, I mean a custom rom hehe.
  5. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member