1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ready to Root my OG Droid!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jnd121, May 3, 2011.

1. jnd121

jnd121 New Member

I am eligible for an upgrade, but there is nothing out yet that I am willing to commit to keeping for 2 years, so I felt it may be time to root my Droid. I've done my research and I have a couple of questions:

1. Which is the preferred way to root? Using RSD Lite or SuperOneClick?
    2. Should I install a custom ROM? I was thinking I would just overclock the phone, but if there is enough of a benefit I would flash a ROM.
    3. If the answer to #2 is yes, what is the best ROM for the D1. I know this is subjective, but I see that a lot of people seem to use Cyanogen.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
  2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

rsd lite, and use a rom, rooting to oc is kinda pointless, most roms at the same stock clockspeed are smoother then stock froyo.

Id recommend project elite 4, irs a froyo rom that everything works with (market/apps).
  3. DROOIID

DROOIID New Member

1 Depends how much you know about the rooting process. I used super 1 click and it worked fine. Others don't like one click root programs.
    2 cyanogen project elite and miui are all top notch. They are all a little different with different settings. Just try all of them, it is easy enough to flash another if you don't like it.

I over and underclock to help with battery life. Get cpu tuner and set screen on and screen off profiles.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  4. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

Rsd lite, you'll learn a bit more that way.

Definitely use a custom rom, personally I like Peter Alfonso's work. His froyo rom is called bugless, there is also his gingerbread rom he's calling GPA which is what I use. Both can be found in his thread called bugless. If you go for gingerbread I recommend the latest beta build, GPA15, it's what I'm running; it's pretty smooth.

Good luck

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

how to root my og droid