Ready to jump the iPhone ship..

Reaction score
I would wait for the dual-core monsters to come after CES. No point in getting a phone that in a few days will be outdated.

OP
M

mr wrong

Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice so far. Thank you.

Here's my dilemma: I'm currently on a family plan with AT&T. My wife's phone is on it's last legs, and needs to be replaced asap. Unless Verizon is willing to let me upgrade when the new hardware comes out, which I highly doubt, I just don't have the luxury of waiting. Unless she goes to Verizon, and I just maintain a single plan on AT&T. Which I imagine will cost significantly more until, and if I can change my wife's single contract to a family plan.

I imagine I'm gonna have to choose a current model, maybe sell it on eBay, and purchased new one outright when they become available.

Thanks again.

D

dankarlinski

another way to kill a bit of time is to go on craigslist for your area and find a cheap att phone to use until you switch.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice so far. Thank you.

Here's my dilemma: I'm currently on a family plan with AT&T. My wife's phone is on it's last legs, and needs to be replaced asap. Unless Verizon is willing to let me upgrade when the new hardware comes out, which I highly doubt, I just don't have the luxury of waiting. Unless she goes to Verizon, and I just maintain a single plan on AT&T. Which I imagine will cost significantly more until, and if I can change my wife's single contract to a family plan.

I imagine I'm gonna have to choose a current model, maybe sell it on eBay, and purchased new one outright when they become available.

Thanks again.

You do have the 30 day window with Verizon where you can return a device. This could buy you time or just go the route you spoke of and sell on Ebay. Honestly the deivces that are out are great devices and based on what you are looking for should do the trick for you and your wife. Wish you the best with whatever you decide.. dancedroid

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree with everyone else....Wait and see what's in the pipeline at CES.

If you are in an LTE market, you will most likely want to get an LTE phone. If you're not a power user, you should be more than happy with an LTE version of what may or may not be "old" tech. In fact, you are precisely the consumer HTC would be targeting with what some have described as an "LTE EVO".