Ready for root

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do we need to keep repeating this... is it so hard for people to read?

about as hard as it is for some to be civil or at least show a tad of class. Guess some of us have never been a newb and have always known how to do all of this. Problem here is that I don't see you coming up with root.....I do believe you are waiting just like the rest of us.

If you are working on obtaining root then I stand corrected there.....but either way comments like this are uncalled for.

To be honest the response you got by Sparky was uncalled for as well.

Patients guys....I too am dying for root and check probably a hundred times a day to see if it is obtained yet. I too use root apps on a regular basis. However I still use the apps without my data because I know once root is obtained I can simply wipe the new app data and restore my old.

But all the fighting, insulting, degrading....just hurts the situation....does not help what so ever.

bonesjones

Reaction score
Why do we need to keep repeating this... is it so hard for people to read?

about as hard as it is for some to be civil or at least show a tad of class. Guess some of us have never been a newb and have always known how to do all of this. Problem here is that I don't see you coming up with root.....I do believe you are waiting just like the rest of us.

If you are working on obtaining root then I stand corrected there.....but either way comments like this are uncalled for.

To be honest the response you got by Sparky was uncalled for as well.

Patients guys....I too am dying for root and check probably a hundred times a day to see if it is obtained yet. I too use root apps on a regular basis. However I still use the apps without my data because I know once root is obtained I can simply wipe the new app data and restore my old.

But all the fighting, insulting, degrading....just hurts the situation....does not help what so ever.

I agree

fable1er

Reaction score
Well I tried gingerbreak and for some reason it did change my phone a little like my market has changed for some reason, my phone stopped rebooting itself also, although I have tried some of the apps for root use only and it still sais I am not rooted

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
So, two weeks later and still no root? I don't mind waiting, so long as its not TOO long.

It's obvious that you DO mind waiting. Just get a different phone if root is so important to you.

Well, I didn't really expect any harsh responses from my post. I meant no disrespect with it. I was just surprised that two weeks had gone by and I hadn't heard anything whatsoever about rooting or any type of hacks. I apologize if I came off as sounding impatient towards the devs that do dedicate their time (unpaid) for attempting to gain root and develop roms for these phones.

imnotmikal

Reaction score
So, two weeks later and still no root? I don't mind waiting, so long as its not TOO long.

It's obvious that you DO mind waiting. Just get a different phone if root is so important to you.

Well, I didn't really expect any harsh responses from my post. I meant no disrespect with it. I was just surprised that two weeks had gone by and I hadn't heard anything whatsoever about rooting or any type of hacks. I apologize if I came off as sounding impatient towards the devs that do dedicate their time (unpaid) for attempting to gain root and develop roms for these phones.

I suppose I read it in a different tone then you intended.

Anyway, as phones get updated and more secure, it's going to take longer and longer to root. Patience is a virtue required when upgrading technology.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

I owe you an apology as well. I think I was rather attacking in my post.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just kinda feel like most don't understand the amount of time that is spent on some devices to obtain root. Shoot...they are still actively trying to crack the X....and they already have root....you don't think there are a few devs out there hacking away at the D3? As someone pointed out to me though....they are also not so willing to try things on a phone when it is THEIR personal phone ya dig? So fastest method of obtaining root is to get an extra one in the hands of the dev's.

That....or we wait for an ota as it seems often times the ota is what is used to root. If the D3 SBF is leaked we might be able to get a pre-rooted sbf to flash....another option....but all are in waiting stage for something to happen.

PuneE

Reaction score
I just kinda feel like most don't understand the amount of time that is spent on some devices to obtain root. ... ... ... ... .. .. ....they are also not so willing to try things on a phone when it is THEIR personal phone ya dig? So fastest method of obtaining root is to get an extra one in the hands of the dev's.
.... .... ....

In that case, i hope a developer win's the AC giveaway of their Droid3

[Open] Win our Motorola Droid 3! - Android Forums

patfactorx

Reaction score
I'm using Advanced Task Killer against my better judgment cuz of all the bloatware. I gotta admit... its running a LOT faster.