Reactivating my Rezound?

scott craft

Reaction score
I went back to my 3G phone from my Rezound by powering of the Rezound and using *228 on my 3G phone. Now I'd like to reactivate the Rezound, but I'm not clear on how to do that. Can I do it over the phone or will I need to go into a Verizon store?

HowardZ

Reaction score
From what I have read, you will need to get a new sim card.

phones which use sim cards do not use the *228 activation. instead the sim card automatically activates the phone.

when you activated you older 3g phone via *228 you deactivated the sim card, and now you need a new sim card.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Howardz might be correct, but I think they can actually TRY to reactivate the card. I'd say call in, the wait times usually aren't that bad, and it's something the rep can do. I've had them activate a SIM card, you can also do it on the website. Worth a shot, and at least then you'll know for sure...

If you do try, please post again and let us know how it went!

Pacco17

Reaction score
HowardZ is correct. You have to go the corporate store and they have to give you a new sim card in order to reactivate your Rezound.You cannot use *228 on a 4G phone only the 3G phones can be used in this way.

Regards,
Stan

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess I should have kept using this phone. I didn't know 3G to 4G wasn't as easy. Luckily sim cards are free. I'll call customer service to make sure they can't do it though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess I should have kept using this phone. I didn't know 3G to 4G wasn't as easy. Luckily sim cards are free. I'll call customer service to make sure they can't do it though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

When I deactivated my 4g mifi and gave it to my brother the cs rep that did the deactivate said for him to call the 800 number and they'd activate the same sim card over the phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I switch between a few of my phones often. Two of them take the same size sim, but the rezound takes the smaller one. When I want to go back to the rezound I just call 611 and they ship me out a new one. Ive done it twice now with no problems.

acejavelin

Reaction score
OK, I have a slightly different question but kind of along the same lines... around here I have a handful of older cell phones that I switched in between off and on well testing, flashing, tweaking, rooting, or whatever, but they are all just 3G phones (some smartphones, some feature phones) and I would switch between them sometimes a couple times a day with no issues online or with a phone call to 611, but I haven't done it in a year or so and definitely not with any 4G phones yet. So are we saying that switching from a 4G phone to 3G phone then back to 4G will REQUIRE me to get a new SIM card? No more freely switching around phones multiple times a day?

HowardZ

Reaction score
OK, I have a slightly different question but kind of along the same lines... around here I have a handful of older cell phones that I switched in between off and on well testing, flashing, tweaking, rooting, or whatever, but they are all just 3G phones (some smartphones, some feature phones) and I would switch between them sometimes a couple times a day with no issues online or with a phone call to 611, but I haven't done it in a year or so and definitely not with any 4G phones yet. So are we saying that switching from a 4G phone to 3G phone then back to 4G will REQUIRE me to get a new SIM card? No more freely switching around phones multiple times a day?

My previous phone was a droid-x, and I still have it. I often turn it on and use it as a WiFi device, sort of like how one uses an Apple itouch.

I have no difficulty or conflict with my rezound. However, I never activate my droid-x via *228 because I know that will cause trouble.

I think if you have two Verizon sim card phones, then you should be able to switch a SIM card between the phones without problems....I think...in theory.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
My previous phone was a droid-x, and I still have it. I often turn it on and use it as a WiFi device, sort of like how one uses an Apple itouch.

I have no difficulty or conflict with my rezound. However, I never activate my droid-x via *228 because I know that will cause trouble.

I think if you have two Verizon sim card phones, then you should be able to switch a SIM card between the phones without problems....I think...in theory.

I have two Rezound here (until I send one back). I've been switching the SIM cards back and forth between these with no problems, for what that is worth.

jillybeargirl

Reaction score
My first Rezound (4G) cratered & while I was waiting for the new one I borrowed my neighbor's Droid X (3G). To be able to switch service you have to call into Customer Service. It was no problem but you have to have a rep do it. There was no wait at all either time.

I also was instructed to keep my SIM card to place in my new Rezound when it arrived. I switched it & it was no problem what-so-ever. Hope this helps.

nikecar

Reaction score
My first Rezound (4G) cratered & while I was waiting for the new one I borrowed my neighbor's Droid X (3G). To be able to switch service you have to call into Customer Service. It was no problem but you have to have a rep do it. There was no wait at all either time.

I also was instructed to keep my SIM card to place in my new Rezound when it arrived. I switched it & it was no problem what-so-ever. Hope this helps.
you can do it online.