Re-upping Verizon: Incredible 2 via Wirefly

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by SolidSnakeUS, Jun 18, 2011.

1. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS New Member

I noticed it has a great price for the Dinc 2 on Wirefly.com, but how is Wirefly.com? Also, how does it work if I am re-upping a contract? Would I buy the phones, our current phones would be deactivated and have to wait for the new phones to come in? How does it work? Would be very grateful to hear information on how sites like this (also Amazon Wireless and Newegg) work.
  2. happycamper515

happycamper515 New Member

I'm guessing they'd issue you temporary numbers and you'd port the old number over to the new device.

I bought new phones 2 weeks ago from Wirefly and ported 4 lines over from TMO and it went pretty smoothly. All 4 new phones were issued with temporary numbers and the porting process was automated and was easier than I thought it would be. I just called the automated porting service number and followed the messages and My TMO numbers were ported over within an hour. Two lines did have an issue but it was minor. The automated service for what ever reason would give me an error on 2 of the 4 lines and said the number was not portable. But when I hung up and tried again it went through the next time.
  3. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS New Member

So when you buy the new phones with a renewed contract, they assign temporary numbers (not your current numbers) until you receive the phones, then you activate them/transfer your numbers to the new phones? When I get the phones, can I just go to a Verizon store and get them to transfer over information and number from my old phone to the new one?
  4. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    I just got mine from wirefly.com. You select the phone, then the plan, then submit your order. If you are redoing your same contract select the same options you had. Click submit. Wirefly checks with Verizon to make sure you are eligible for the upgrade and once its confirmed your new phone will be shipped to you. No new numbers and no temporary numbers are assigned. You continue to use your old phone until you get the new one via FedEx. When you get it, turn your old phone off, dial *228 on the new phone and hit one to activate your new phone. Enter the 10 digit number (area code + phone number) you want to activate on the new phone and it will activate for you automatically. No need to go to Verizon or even talk to a human. Super easy and smooth process. On the Incredible 2 activation is part of the setup of the phone when you turn it on. You shouldn't even have to dial *228. I will be purchasing all my phones from them on the future. I got my phone for $49.99, Verizon had it for $189.99. Check out their insurance also. No deductible for replacement phones. Only bad thing is "liquid" damage isn't covered, so don't drop it in the toilet...lol.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  5. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS New Member

Just saying this now, I've never dropped any phone in water like that before... but I did in a lake lol. But I dried it out and it was fine. But yeah, I'd like to send my pics and contacts over to my new phone, so I'd probably still go to a Verizon store.

But seriously dude, thank you so much for replying to this. You are awesome.
  6. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    If you are on an Android phone now your contacts are saved in your Google account. To transfer you pictures, copy them to your computer off the SD card. Take one picture with the new phone then copy pics from computer to SD card by opening the dcim folder and paste them in the camera file. They will show up in your gallery then. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  7. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS New Member

I currently have an LG eNV Touch and pretty much have my eyes spotted on the Incredible 2, so yeah, I don't have anything. I'd like to get some things moved over, pretty much the contacts more than anything else.
  8. yoseff

yoseff New Member

I just went from bb storm 1 to a inc2 through wirefly. I was worried at first but the experience has been great and I love the phone. Wirefly had a deal on memorial day $25 off, so got the inc 2 for $25 vs $199. Phone hookup was easy, plan stayed the same, no probs at all. Do backup on gmail before you order, makes things alot easier.
  9. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS New Member

Well the phone is coming in the mail, but not from Wirefly, from Verizon Wireless (I didn't pay for the phone). CAN'T WAIT :D!
Search tags for this page

how does wirefly work with verizon upgrade