1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Re-Rooting?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by celtics999, Nov 7, 2010.

1. celtics999

celtics999 New Member

How would I go about re-rooting? I seem to be having some troubles with my root and it seems that a re-root would be the fix. So, how would I go about this? Should I flash back to the 2.3.20 and then do the 1 click root method?Should I create a back up on titanium back up? If so, should I do apps+system data back up? Will this keep my setCPU profiles and other customizations? Any other suggestions? Thank you for the help in advance!
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

Why not just use the same method you used the first time?
  3. celtics999

celtics999 New Member

bump.... anyone with any helpful info?
  4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Yes you could do all of that but I agree with poolshark, why not just use your original method. And more to the point what leads you to believe a re root is going to solve your problems?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. celtics999

celtics999 New Member

It constantly asks for superuser permissions, even after clicking remember and accept.
  6. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Try finding a different version of Superuser.apk, like from ROM Manager or d/l one of the custom roms and pull it from the system/app folder.
    Re-rooting probably wouldn't help in that situation, it's an app that handles the SU request memory.
  7. Canadroid

Canadroid New Member

This thread pc747 has going may help you out. Thought of it when you mentioned the constant permissions query.

I've only unrooted once from the phone itself once, using free terminal emulator app & via Eousphoros how-to, see the end of his first post there. I would de-root that way and then try again w/ a PC hooked up, cmd prompt line by line, should set you back up without the constant query going off. Good luck!