Re-Root Your Droid X After Update

mkrtu9

Reaction score
I just installed the update and Z4 worked for me.
I did however have Z4 before, unrooted with Z4, installed update, then rerooted with Z4. I did get a weird little green guy with an explanation sign but I pulled the battery turned it on and it booted right up. Checked my wireless tether and it worked. Looks like I'm good to go.

jhickman88

Reaction score
Cant get to work

Evertime I try and root the phone I run the permenant root option and it goes through the steps and reboots and then does not work. At first I had root then the 2.3.340 came out and erased it. So I took that off and tried to root, but wont work. So then I went back and now I do not have an option to unroot. HOW DO I FIX THIS. REALLY WANT TO BE ROOTED, PLEASE HELP!

Devious

Reaction score
'fanx wurx g8, furst thyme

I had been postponing the OTA upgrade as I didn't want to lose root. This was the perfect solution.
Regards..........david

tmansportsfan

Reaction score
I got z4root on my phone from 4shared, did permanent root, and then it started running. Then UT just quit out and said the application unexpectedly quit. I have done restarts, battery pulls, and I've tried uninstalling z4 and reinstalling. Any help?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

tmansportsfan

Reaction score
*It just quits out.

I also am running 2.2.1 on an LG vortex

foxky

Reaction score
make sure its the latest version of z4

tapped on my LibX 1.5

foxky

Reaction score
well 1.3 worked on mine. youre on 2.3.340 right?

tapped on my LibX 1.5

tmansportsfan

Reaction score
I have android version 2.2.1 and kernel version 2.6.32.9

What is the number you mentioned pertaining to?

foxky

Reaction score
that's 2.3.340. have you tried the stuff mentioned in the thread? like trying to unroot with z4, rebooting, then trying to root?

tapped on my LibX 1.5

foxky

Reaction score
oh I see.. haha
make sure you have the latest z4 is all I can say then, I have v1.3 and it worked for me, although it did hang up at first and I had to battery pull and retry and it worked after about 10 minutes.

tapped on my LibX 1.5

tmansportsfan

Reaction score
I just tried to run 1.3.0 again. I turned off my phone, then turned it back on. I ran it and did permanent root. It just quit out again. Idk what to do anymore

foxky

Reaction score
you might have to do it the long way. Google Droid 2 root for Droid x. also, may I ask what is a vortex?

edit : nevermind, I just saw it's an LG phone. I'm sorry man but I'm clueless about that, really wish I could help :/

tapped on my LibX 1.5