1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Re-loading home screen / app list

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Viper323, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Viper323

Viper323 New Member

I just installed BB0.9 and everything is working smooth as can be most of the time, however once in awhile when I exit an app and go back to the home screen it has to re-load all the shortcuts, widgets, and apps in the app list and doing so takes some time and makes the phone lag a bit. Is there any way to stop this?
  2. JFDroid

JFDroid New Member

I get this too... I actually took off Beautiful Widgets and some other memory-hog applications and it seems to not be happening as much. I'm not sure if the issue is isolated with BB only though. Can anyone else confirm any of this?
  3. DeathTokittens

DeathTokittens New Member

Home screen lag

I've had the same issue. Been bothering me for weeks. I installed Helix 2.0 and did not have the issue. I didn't like the helix launcher so I removed it, then back to same issue.

I have SetCPU running at 800-1000 on BB 0.9 with the smoked glass theme and Chevy's 5 slot 1.0 GHz kernel.

Also I checked with my boss who is not as adventurous as I am and he is running the stock 2.1 OTA install with no over clocking and he stated he has never seen that on his Droid.
  4. captaingadgets

captaingadgets New Member

I fixed that on mine with droidswap it seems to be a lack of mem problem and droidswap makes extra mem on the sd card. I used the patithion option but to use it you must reformat the card and make a patition. that is faster that way. you can also swap to a file with it but i have not tried that. droidswap is not on market so you will have to search for the apk on here or on alldroid.
  5. joscon

joscon New Member

I noticed this behavior early on in BBv.9
  6. possessedskier

possessedskier New Member

I'm running Helixlauncher and my home screen starts taking time to repaint after the Droid has been running for 3-5 days. A reboot fixes it for another 3-5 days. It seems like one of my apps isn't freeing up memory after it runs.
  7. Penguissimo

Penguissimo New Member

I can't remember where I read it, but someone suggested using ROM Manager's "fix permissions" function to correct this problem, and it worked great for me.
  8. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

I have this exact same problem (stock 2.1 with helix) and it drives me nuts.
  9. rollingsr

rollingsr New Member

Well, +1 for having this issue. The reboot solution works fine for a while but then the lag comes back. I know of another user who had this problem with BB and he finally went back to UD. I just tried the "Fix Permissions" trick but it will be hard to say what effect it has because after you run it you need to reboot. I will look into the droidswap solution...I looked at this once before when I was UD but I left after the whole fiasco and while it doesn't have as many features, I really like BB.