RE: Introduction!

dfox3325

Reaction score
I am currently a Motorola Q user and have been for 4 years. I am really taking a good look at the Droid.

I have always liked my Q and have found it to be an easy to use SmartPhone.

I have thought about a Blackberry but feel comfortable with Motorola products.

Anybody that would like to sell me on this new phone, please do. I would like to know if the basic concept is similar to the Q.

Does it push AOL email?
Does it use the same charger?
I heard the battery life isn't good, is there ways to conserve battery life i.e. killing programs, etc.?

I really hate learning a new system.
When I jumped on the band wagon 4 years ago with the Q, there was little to no information on functionability, except the lame manual that came with it.

I relied on forums to learn how to get the best out of it.

Diane
(possible Droid newbie)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Diane! First, welcome to the forums! I can't answer your AOL question, but I think I can answer the other ones... Yup, same charger. It depends who you ask about the battery life, it does well in tests, but some people are able to kill it in a few hours. It just depends what you are doing with it. I play with the droid a lot throughout the day (posting from it now) and mine lasts all day unless work starts at 5 or I play a game for a few hours.. There is a downloadable user's manual on the motorola website, but I haven't even looked at it. That should mean one thing to you.. I didn't need it. Its a very straight-forward OS that really just takes a little getting accustomed to. I mentioned this somewhere else on the forum, but I'll say it here too.. My initial experience with the droid went like this: I picked it up Friday around lunch time, and didn't touch a computer for three days. Its that good, and its that easy.