RE-Install from store problems ROOTED ONLY

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kprambo, Feb 28, 2010.

1. kprambo

kprambo New Member

Hey guys for those of you having problems with the store showing you installed something even though you deleted it via settings/app/uninstall I ran into this problem today. So here is what I came across Adamz came out with a great rom yesterday I downloaded today and was having problems with my set cpu, I keeped getting reboots when changing my settings SO what I decided to do was to uninstall my app then reinstall it sounds like to normal thing to do right. Well it did not go as I hoped and see that the store will not let me install it because it thinks I have it on my phone already shaded uninstall and shaded open buttons. I noticed alot of people having this problem so If you are rooted this is what you must do to feel like this :icon_ banana: Go to a terminal emulator type the su command then type rm -r data/data/com.android.vending/databases/* then you hit enter once again and then type reboot.

TADA you can now download your app again no need in doing a restore or format. BTW because its tied into your google account a spr will not fix this problem as it is lol. So keep your apps and your data and enjoy this if the need for it comes up. dont forget this command incase you or someone you know needs it. Always help your friends root there phones if your phone was not rooted and backed up then imagine all the things you would be missing lol. good luck getting verizon to help you with the above problems. BTW adamz rom is great live wallpapers and runs smooth just dont use the 2.1 launcher lol its still a mess.:icon_ devil:

ENJOY

here is my new home screens
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. kprambo

kprambo New Member

lol i see one of my photos is from the 2.1 launcher btw I dont have two pandora smoked widgets as it shows but layout is about the same minus the extra pandora wiget its the same but its the google search just incase you wondered lol.:icon_eek:
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010