Re-enable Ads?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Searched up and down for this one.

I've spent the better part of a day fighting with UD8. Just went to 2.2 from BB1.0.

Anyway, I ran the Ad Blocker script (it sounded like a good idea), and it appears to be blocking videos (CBS.com and the like). The 'unblock' script doesnt seem to be working.

Anyone have a workaround? Command line or otherwise? I'd like to avoid reflashing if I can....

Also, anyone using other phone skins? The UD8 default is a bit too colorless for me.

Thanks all,
LtKen

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Searched up and down for this one.

I've spent the better part of a day fighting with UD8. Just went to 2.2 from BB1.0.

Anyway, I ran the Ad Blocker script (it sounded like a good idea), and it appears to be blocking videos (CBS.com and the like). The 'unblock' script doesnt seem to be working.

Anyone have a workaround? Command line or otherwise? I'd like to avoid reflashing if I can....

Also, anyone using other phone skins? The UD8 default is a bit too colorless for me.

Thanks all,
LtKen

Install my theme (yep, shameless plug).. no really, did you wipe your data and cache at least 3 times before installation?

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running UD8 fine, but the "unblock ads" script isnt working.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Something's broken with the script. Problem solved by downloading and installing AdFree Android and then uninstalling it.

Thanks all