Re: 4G for D2G

Droidtwo619

Reaction score
Hey fellows. Well i don't know if this question has been asked but, here it goes. First of, are our D2G's gonna be 4G compatible? and how will it work to jump to 4G LTE? I think i seen on a post they said the D 2/X will not be 4G compatible hmmmm??? I'm asking cause i'm pretty new with vrizon and i do have a D2G thanks..

nicholb

Reaction score
It does not have the radio for LTE (4G). All the LTE phones will be new hardware.

OP
D

Droidtwo619

Reaction score
So will we send these phones back in to change hardware or just plain SOL? lol hope not..

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I highly doubt vzw is gonna have the d2g sent back in to make it 4g. My bet is your sol...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nicholb

Reaction score
If you have a 3G phone (like the D2G) it will continue to work at 3G. If you want 4G you either have to buy one at full price, or wait for your renewal for a discounted one.

djp

Reaction score
Verizon won't be upgrading existing D2Gs, but I believe you have 30 days to try out the phone and could return it if a 4G phone came out that you'd rather have. I think vzw charges $30 for the exchange.

technoir

Reaction score
Just bought 2 D2G's back in Dec before international travelling. Funny how things (aka marketing and strategic planning work) I'm 16 months away from an upgrade and the 2nd phone on my household's family plan is 24 months (not sure why they don't let all the phones bought on the same plan upgrade at the same time)....

Any clue when VZN 4G LTE will become a reality beyond wireless cards? WHEN? APROX.
I mean for actual smartphones. Just curious in order to mentally schedule it away.

Other than its weight and the sudden display going off, I'm happy with my D2G so far. Just a bit concerned with all the new iphone people migrating to VZN and 3G quality.

Last edited:

leobg

Reaction score
3G isn't dead just yet, especially the WCDMA/HSPA part. I am getting 7 mbps download speeds up here on Rogers HSPA network and I can talk on the D2G while tethering my laptop at the same time. LTE has certainly big advantages, but it can wait for my next phone I guess. Many people will agree with me, even those "stuck" on Verizon's old CDMA. Coverage is also a thing that will take time.
So saying SOL is sort of relative.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk