PLEASE don't laugh at me too much! I recently purchased a new, unlocked RCA A1, 3G Android Smartphone for use with my Russian (Megafon) SIM card that works FLAWLESSLY on every other phone (including decrepit old Motorola feature phones). Once installed, it immediately picks up the US GSM network carrier, which is AT&T. With my new RCA, however, despite recognizing the card, and selecting this network as "preferred", it so far (2 hours of monkeying) has shown nothing but "network not available". In the past, on any phone, when I have had this kind of error, I have checked to ensure it was trying to access the right one (i.e GSM), as well as done the battery out thing, and also factory resets. Tried all of these and non worked. Note that this is a dual SIM card phone, so I also tried putting my Russian SIM card in "slot 2"...but this made things even worse (did not seem to want to "see it"). I am guessing I have a defective phone, and or one that was never going to work in the first place. Any final words of wisdom (including, I guess, choose a different brand). RCA has a nifty "7X24 e-mail service option". If they don't get back to me, Amazon will end up picking up return shipping charges, and likely "Express" delivery of whatever replacement phone I choose.