RCA AI - GSM Unlocked - Getting "Network Not Available"

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by ebertsj, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ebertsj

ebertsj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PLEASE don't laugh at me too much! I recently purchased a new, unlocked RCA A1, 3G Android Smartphone for use with my Russian (Megafon) SIM card that works FLAWLESSLY on every other phone (including decrepit old Motorola feature phones). Once installed, it immediately picks up the US GSM network carrier, which is AT&T.

With my new RCA, however, despite recognizing the card, and selecting this network as "preferred", it so far (2 hours of monkeying) has shown nothing but "network not available". In the past, on any phone, when I have had this kind of error, I have checked to ensure it was trying to access the right one (i.e GSM), as well as done the battery out thing, and also factory resets. Tried all of these and non worked. Note that this is a dual SIM card phone, so I also tried putting my Russian SIM card in "slot 2"...but this made things even worse (did not seem to want to "see it").

I am guessing I have a defective phone, and or one that was never going to work in the first place.

Any final words of wisdom (including, I guess, choose a different brand). RCA has a nifty "7X24 e-mail service option". If they don't get back to me, Amazon will end up picking up return shipping charges, and likely "Express" delivery of whatever replacement phone I choose.

2. leeshor

leeshor DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +595
    It sounds to me as if the phone may have been bad from the start. Possibly a bad electronic serial number.

3. eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Twitter:
    eddiekeyton
    Check to see if it has ever been dropped in water. May be an antenna issue or maybe even a software issue. Have you tried factory resetting it? Are you sire the sim isn't bad?

4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +979
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Sounds like the phone is defective.

Search tags for this page
factory reset rca a1
factory reseting the rca a1 phone

rca a1

rca a1 phone