Razzr ICS question

searayman

Reaction score
I am thinkign of getting a droid razzr on ebay. I wanted to know are there any stock ICS roms out there for it so I dont have moto blur? Also is there a way to get google now working on the razzr with ICS.

How do you all like the razzr? WOuld you recommend it?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am thinkign of getting a droid razzr on ebay. I wanted to know are there any stock ICS roms out there for it so I dont have moto blur? Also is there a way to get google now working on the razzr with ICS.

How do you all like the razzr? WOuld you recommend it?
There are four or five ROMs (.211 OTA update required) available for the Razr right now and I'm sure there will be more. Next door in the Razr Hacks section as well as DroidRzr.com has a listing of ROMs available for Razr/Maxx by software version if you want to check. I am not aware of any problem with google not working on the Razr...it works just fine on my phone. I think the Razr is the best smartphone on the market...not just from a specification/technical stand point but from a combination of technical specifications, reliable phone and data connectivity, speed, capabilities and very importantly (to me anyway) the quality of the phone's construction...no other phone can touch it.

tindogify

Reaction score
question why is my phone so laggy. I didn't have the problem when I had gingerbread

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This worked on gb for lag.. you'll have to set up your hone screen again.. but it could fix your lag.. it did mine...

Go into manage apps, still down to home screen... clear data and force close it..

Hope this helps :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Bipo1arBe4r

Reaction score
I would try resetting your home screen first before factory reset, although it may be a cleaner install as some say it is not absolutely necessary i never did and mine is as fast as ever so is the luck of the draw........if all else fails factory reset

Bipo1arBe4r

Reaction score
Just to be clear not trying to say anyone is wrong in their suggestions is just advice from the standpoint that a factory reset is a pain i avoid it if possible just a personal preference is all

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The RAZR is the best phone on the market hands down, IMHO. Personally I could have skipped ICS and held out for JB, but it is here and we shall deal with it.

I did a factory reset and wiped cache before the install, and installed the leaked OS .214. Still lags a bit so I would not hold on to hope that either is a cure all for you.

ICS seems a bit too intensive at the moment, maybe they will lose some junk in her trunk so to speak and speed her up. Still phone and battery are great no doubt about it.

Be careful buying off EBay make sure that ESN is clean and the seller has a good rep. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.