[ROM] |RAZRX v1.0| |12/14/2011|

eidian

Reaction score
The development for this device is less than hopeful....I am considered ring this gn purely for the development

Sent from the cutting edge via tapatalk

Even if development ceases, I think that not having ROMs is a small price to pay when I consider Motorola to be much better hardware (and I LOVE to customize).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Even if development ceases, I think that not having ROMs is a small price to pay when I consider Motorola to be much better hardware (and I LOVE to customize).

I couldn't agree more. I was a flash-aholic with the OG and the X and when I had the bionic for a short period, I was anxious for some custom roms but forty me the RAZR is such a beautiful and near flawless piece of machinery that I am more than happy staying stock.

To be honest, although most seen to like ICS, I really don't care for it when I played with the GN so I may not even update when that comes to the RAZR. Although out may just have been the GN that I didn't like. We shall see.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I was a flash-aholic with the OG and the X and when I had the bionic for a short period, I was anxious for some custom roms but forty me the RAZR is such a beautiful and near flawless piece of machinery that I am more than happy staying stock.

To be honest, although most seen to like ICS, I really don't care for it when I played with the GN so I may not even update when that comes to the RAZR. Although out may just have been the GN that I didn't like. We shall see.

Anyone know whats included in the new OTA?

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Hey all. Running RAZRX 1.0 for about 2 days now and a few hours ago I got a notice that an OTA update was downloaded and ready to install... is there a way to make this notification go away? Its popped up like 3 times today!

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Hey all. Running RAZRX 1.0 for about 2 days now and a few hours ago I got a notice that an OTA update was downloaded and ready to install... is there a way to make this notification go away? Its popped up like 3 times today!

Let it download, it then install, let it fail and it should stop

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

eidian

Reaction score
Let it download, it then install, let it fail and it should stop

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

I did that and it didn't stop the notification from coming back. The update will keep pushing as long as the phone isn't running the latest release.

You'll have to flash the fast boot files to get back to unrooted stock, update to 748, re-root then reflash RazrX.

Reaction score
I did that and it didn't stop the notification from coming back. The update will keep pushing as long as the phone isn't running the latest release.

You'll have to flash the fast boot files to get back to unrooted stock, update to 748, re-root then reflash RazrX.

While i have never done it myself i have heard people say they just froze the updater with titanium and that stops the notifications.

eidian

Reaction score
While i have never done it myself i have heard people say they just froze the updater with titanium and that stops the notifications.

That makes sense (there's more than one way to skin a cat) but I'm curious, why wouldn't someone want to update? The 748 release is worth it just for the "SIM card error" fix.

Burbank

Reaction score
That makes sense (there's more than one way to skin a cat) but I'm curious, why wouldn't someone want to update? The 748 release is worth it just for the "SIM card error" fix.
Yes. But (as far as I know) we have to wait for the ROM developers to fold the new code into their ROM. The developer of RAZRX tweeted yesterday that a new 1.1 version with the .748 code has gone to beta. So it won't be long.

Reaction score
Yes. But (as far as I know) we have to wait for the ROM developers to fold the new code into their ROM. The developer of RAZRX tweeted yesterday that a new 1.1 version with the .748 code has gone to beta. So it won't be long.

You don't necessarily have to wait. I took the update and rerooted. Then installed safestrap and backed up my stick ROM with 748, switched over to safe mode, installed RAZR x, and am running that smoothly with 744. Since my stock us already updated to three latest version I won't have to mess with that again. When RAZR x v1.1 us published, I will just flash in my safe mode.

Ryne73

Reaction score
New to these forums and to Android phones. After a week of reading and deliberation I finally rooted and installed this ROM, all i can say is WOW. Totally changed my experience with the phone, so much so I have been late to work twice this week F-ing with the damn thing lol. Two questions I have: When 1.1 drops will i need to return to stock ROM prior to flashing it. And where can I get that awesome wallpaper in the OP's screenshots.

Reaction score
New to these forums and to Android phones. After a week of reading and deliberation I finally rooted and installed this ROM, all i can say is WOW. Totally changed my experience with the phone, so much so I have been late to work twice this week F-ing with the damn thing lol. Two questions I have: When 1.1 drops will i need to return to stock ROM prior to flashing it. And where can I get that awesome wallpaper in the OP's screenshots.

Welcome to the world of rooting! Be forewarned....as more roms (hopefully) come out you may end up late for work more often due to becoming a flash-a-holic.

When 1.1 is released, he will provide guidance as to what you need to do, most likely will be something like wiping data and cache.

As for the screenshot, it doesn't show up on my phone but I think you are referring to the ICS wallpaper. If so, you can search the internet for it and save it to your sdcard so you can make it your wallpaper.

Ryne73

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of rooting! Be forewarned....as more roms (hopefully) come out you may end up late for work more often due to becoming a flash-a-holic.

When 1.1 is released, he will provide guidance as to what you need to do, most likely will be something like wiping data and cache.

As for the screenshot, it doesn't show up on my phone but I think you are referring to the ICS wallpaper. If so, you can search the internet for it and save it to your sdcard so you can make it your wallpaper.

Yeah, i was referring to the droid logo with chroma colors. I'm really looking forward to 1.1, when thats released maybe i should just take a day or two off lol. On another note is there a way to stop the OTA notification pop up window from showing up ever 1-2 hrs? Would renaming the otacerts.zip file through Root Explorer be suffice? Just want to make sure that wont bork anything important and that I'll be able to restore the OTA notifications if ever need be. Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited: