Razr XT912 Boots into AP Fastboot (Recipe Failure)

gkeir

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm to blame for what's currently going on right now with my phone, but hopefully there's a way to resolve it.

Back when the unofficial christmas update came out, I rooted my phone and installed the update, things worked for a while but certain apps (e.g. Chrome) started to really drag and my battery life (which was already bad) started to really suffer. When the official update came out I followed what I thought were the correct instructions for installing it with the DRU - I went back to ICS, unrooted, and installed the JB update.

Since then, every time my phone runs out of battery (which is frequent), or I turn off my phone and turn it back on, the phone will automatically boot to AP Fastboot Mode with the screen showing:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Recipe Failure)
0A.77

The rest of the screen reads properly depending on the battery state and if it's plugged into my computer.

So far, I've tried to image a stock JB rom onto my phone multiple times with the most recent version of the DRU, and with RSD Lite. As far as I know, the rom is not corrupted, but from what I can figure out from scouring the internet, some partition on my phone may be.

So, how do I fix this problem? I can still boot my phone up regularly using the PWR+VOL UP+VOL DN and selecting the boot normally option. Still, this is an annoyance, and it would be nice to see if there was a fix for this problem.

Also, it'd be nice to know if there's a fix for the terminally shortened battery life that seems to have started with ICS (way back when).

Thanks.

Reaction score
I have the same message in fastboot - "recipe failure" when trying to flash the latest firmware. But I am stuck in fastboot - I can not get out of it.
Any suggestions?