razr won't turn on (only 2 weeks old) :(

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Warranty will cover it

Agreed, but do you know how many of these complaints about batteries dying and phones not turning on and white lights while charging and not charging there are, and how many have replaced their phones only to have the same problem Weeks later? I just talked to a Verizon store rep who said they are no longer recommending either the RAZR OR MAXX because "25% of them are coming back with battery issues and not turning on." It's NOT the phone in 25% of the cases, it's GOT to be the users not charging properly with power off either the first time before the power it up or afterwards.

If 25% of ANY manufacturers' phones failed out of the box, it would be all over the news, there would be a major recall, and the attorneys would be camping out at the stores.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Negativecreep0

Reaction score
my razor maxx did the same thing was in a car cahrger craddle......... had to end up returning it i think something got shorted.......

dpc7775

Reaction score
Thanks Swallman. I had the same problem Michee 714 had and I held down the power button and down volume buttons for 10 seconds and it magically turned back on.

aargie

Reaction score
----------------------------

heyy umm i have the same problem with my droid razr... does that mean i need a new one???? i just got it!!!

Roltan

Reaction score
Thank you

I got the same problem

I was thinking how to unleash my wrath with the phonecompany csr of my country, until my Razr turn on again thanks to you since I previously tried the reboot sequence when your screen freeze with no results.

I really like my droid Razr alot eventhough i had already experienced the freeze screen and the turn off. I just want to know if this a issue of the battery, hardware or a bug for updating a app.

I did a lot of research before purchasing the phone i wanted something that could compete against the ipne since all my circle of friengs have the i from 3, 3s, 4 & to 4s. and I wanted something a litlle bit unique. so the Galaxy SII LG and Nexus feels to me like cheap plastic the razr was the winner packs both good quality materials and and a software that asks barely nothing to the ios

Im pissed with verizon cause his war against the other cp companies in the US probably dont let that recent models in this case from motorola arrive to my country I want to upgrade to the maxx or fighter and is a pain to try to bought in the USmarket to adapt in my area. In what fcn way affect them that other bigger companies outside of ther domain have this equipment to offer to ther respective market.

I just want that motorola recognize this and tried to reward the market in my area by giving us a better devices like the improvement of the maxx model with 1.4.1.5 or so in processor speed or memory capacity cause the dalay is really offensive.

neupooh

Reaction score
Grrrrr

I've only had mine a few weeks and it did the same thing, I went to Verion and nothing and they called techniclal support and still nothing so they are sending me a new phone.....I've never had any problems with it before :mad:

:mad: im heated! i too just got my droid razr for christmas yep two weeks ago. ive read some of your thoughts on how to fix it still wont work!!!. i like your jokes about the battery lol nice. i was just wondering if anybody that went to verizon if they actually fixed it. please help i have job applications im waiting for calls for. and this has really not helped me in that situation.
:hail: any help is appreciated greatly. thanks fellow droid users who also have experienced the only but pretty serious problem ive found with this phone.

mayx524

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Razr. I did my phone upgrade on April 30th and then had to get a new one a week later due to battery problems. The battery level jumped from 10% to 100% but wld just turn off. I received a replacement phone which has lasted 3 weeks so far. Today, the phone turned really hot and then shut off. I went to the Verizon store again and they said that the charging port was lose due to the way I charge my battery. They, then, proceeded to say that it is NOT covered by manufacturer warranty and I would have to go through my warranty/total equipment coverage. However, that would still require me to pay $99 to get a replacement phone! How ridiculous! This made me really furious especially since this is my only phone, I don't have a landline. I did some research and I'm glad to hear that others have been through this before, and it isn't the user's fault.

I connected the charger to my computer and has gotten the steady white light. I'm going to leave it on for tonight and will hopefully be able to turn it on tomorrow or I'll go back to another Verizon store and ask for a replacement. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.