razr won't turn on (only 2 weeks old) :(

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by michee714, Jan 5, 2012.

1. michee714

michee714 New Member

Hi everyone,
    Wondering if anyone can help... just got the new Droid Razr... LOVE the phone... UNTIL... battery went low, plugged it in, was charging, then just shut off. Now, won't turn on at all... can't tell if it is charging or not since I can't get it to turn on. The ONLY thing it does is show me a quick white circle dot flash in upper left corner of screen when unplug the charger. I have tried several working chargers and tried pressing the power button a bazillion ways. Anyone else have this issue?? Anyone have a solution? Obviously will have to go back to Verizon, but, it is my ONLY phone (use as home phone and cell phone), so no phone all night... hope I don't have to call 911, hehe (sort of).

I haven't tried a hard reboot with power and volume button since I assume it is a power button issue??

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about this issue...

I know you said you have tried several chargers - are you using the charger that came with the phone in the wall outlet jack. If you battery completely died, it could be that you have to build up a bit of charge before you can get it to power on...

However, if you want a good laugh - call VZW support and I almost bet they will tell you to "pull the battery"...:blink:...to solve your issue..

But seriously, let it charge for an hour or so and see if that improves the situation.

If not, good luck and keep us posted!
  3. michee714

michee714 New Member

Thanks for your quick response!! Yes, have it in the wall outlet with the original charger... booooo. Has been there for 2 hours... nada, zip, nothing. Hahaha, funny... do a battery pull!!! That is a good one!! Even funnier? CALL tech support... with, um, what?? A tin can with a string? Hehehehe... lmbo. Grrr.... just going to have to go to Verizon tomorrow. HATE Verizon!!!! But, do love the Razr (except this issue that is). Anyone else have any ideas??
  4. swallman

swallman New Member

Have you tried a soft reset yet ? (Basically the equivalent of a battery pull...)

Volume DOWN and the POWER button...hold em for about 10 seconds.
  5. smalltowngirl13

LOL - good one - you did post that it was your only form of telephony service...DUH on my part...
  6. michee714

michee714 New Member

Yeup... just tried that too:frown: Nothing! I assume that means it is indeed the power button??? And, does anyone know what that little white light is that flashes on for a millisecond in upper left corner when pull charger out of phone? Does that mean anything from a "diagnostic" standpoint? Thanks everyone!
  7. michee714

michee714 New Member

:D... smalltowngirl
  8. taxinyc

taxinyc New Member

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  9. smalltowngirl13

Not sure on the white light flashes - doing some searches, but not much luck...I think it is "winking" at you...LOL:mad:
  10. taxinyc

taxinyc New Member

Sorry.
    You say it just cut off? That doesn't sound good. You say it was charging for how long before it turned off? Did you always use the stock charger before? Try the reset again, volume down button and power TOGETHER for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work - return.
    Sounds like a battery failure or something voltage related internally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  11. smalltowngirl13

There a few reports of the "white flashing light" and they are mostly grouped with "help, my Razr won't turn on" on the VZW support forums...same type of scenario as yours - battery was low or dying and next thing they know - white light...no solution tho that I have found...
  12. michee714

michee714 New Member

Yup, did the power and volume down together several times :frown: Yup, just cut out... was charging for maybe 15 minutes or so. Not using stock charger 100% of time... depended where I was. funny you mention the "voltage" word... thought it was my imagination but thought I may have heard a "zap" ish sound when it went down, but can't be sure :blink:
  13. michee714

michee714 New Member

Interesting smalltowngirl that the same problem coincided with my same symptoms... thanks for the continued research... MUCH appreciated! Probably just a glitch... I think someone forgot to check something on the assembly line that day... hope my replacement comes from another days work.
  14. michee714

michee714 New Member

Update: ok, just realized didn't have original power cord plugged in any of these attempts tonight, thought I did on one of them... haha, the one I have been using the past 3 hours. Anyway, now that I have the original, and have it going directly to the usb in my computer, that little white light in the left corner is on steady (wasn't on at all before except for a fraction of a second as plugged and unplugged). It is a BRIGHT white circle light... gahhhh... what is that light??? Can't find it anywhere in manuals, etc. Maybe I will have success in a bit???? Tried volume and power buttons again, nothing yet. Assume it is not working unless you hear from me again, so keep those great thoughts coming!! Will let you know if anything changes. Thanks everyone!!!!
  15. SPerschke

SPerschke New Member

My Razr did the same thing. I was using the Kindle App. shut off the phone and it would not start up. The power volume down took care of it.
  16. michee714

michee714 New Member

Update on Razr that won't turn on

So I did have to get a replacement phone... it turned out to be a hardware problem with the screen...was not the power button. They said it was nothing that I did wrong. Thanks everyone for your help! Greatly appreciated!
  17. h0ckey18

h0ckey18 New Member

What is this crap?

:mad: im heated! i too just got my droid razr for christmas yep two weeks ago. ive read some of your thoughts on how to fix it still wont work!!!. i like your jokes about the battery lol nice. i was just wondering if anybody that went to verizon if they actually fixed it. please help i have job applications im waiting for calls for. and this has really not helped me in that situation.
    :hail: any help is appreciated greatly. thanks fellow droid users who also have experienced the only but pretty serious problem ive found with this phone.
  18. h0ckey18

h0ckey18 New Member

okay

im completely okay with getting a new droid razr if it wont turn on which im okay with. the thing im worried about most is if it will delete all of my data and contacts and things like that? next is if i dont have insurance on it yet, will that be a problem? because technically i didnt really destroy it or it got stolen the thing just shut off on me.
  19. jimfollett1

jimfollett1 New Member

Same problem here, phone died when I tried to charge it from computer on 5% battery.

Did this trick 4 or 5 times (pressing DOWN or UP with POWER), finally worked. No, not really, it booted to "locked" screen, then went to Black again (with white light on).

Any ideas?
  20. jimfollett1

jimfollett1 New Member

Right, 3 hours of charging on the computer later, it's on. Strange, but I left it charging and dead over night to no success previously.

It's pretty obvious from the number of responses on just this forum that Motorola (read Google now) have a problem with their firmware here (BTW their recent 170MB patch made my phone unstable in general). Let's hope they can really sort their act out and start competing with iPhone by creating a more reliable product.
Search tags for this page
droid razr hd won't turn on
droid razr hd wont turn on
droid razr maxx hd won't turn on
droid razr won't power on

droid razr won't turn on

droid razr wont turn on

motorola droid razr doesn't turn on
motorola razr doesn't turn on

motorola razr won't turn on

motorola xt912 wont turn on

my droid razr won't turn on