Razr vs. Bionic

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by IslandBrian, Dec 29, 2011.

1. IslandBrian

IslandBrian New Member

Greetings, all. Newb here. I searched around but couldn't find an on-point thread, so here goes.

I have a Bionic. The data drops are killing me. I know there is a new update out or coming out that is supposed to fix it, yadda yadda. But I just got so sick of it today, that I called Verizon and ordered a Razr. I have until 1/15 to decide which one to keep.

Soooooo I would like some feedback: should I keep the Bionic or go for the Razr? Why?

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere (and if so, please direct me to the thread).

Thanks for your help and feedback!
  2. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

My brother has the Bionic,I have the Razr...there both terrible,both have the latest software updates,and both lose data for no reason what so ever...If reliable data is more important than data speed(when you have it) then Id return both for a 3G device....slow but reliable....With the Razr,to often its like I have my ipod touch as a phone,have to stop at places with wifi to send or receive email....
  3. Mikegreco16

Mikegreco16 New Member

Verizon is having problems with their LTE it has nothing to do with the phones, and this problem has been rare maybe a total of two days since I've had my phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

Problem may be rare for you..but I assure you this is daily continuous problem for us here, new sim cards have been tried with both devices and its random and yiu just have to toggle airplane mode and hope to pick 3g up...Ive been without data over 20.minutes 3x this week alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea it does suck that Verizon is having LTE issues right now. Sucks for G Nex owners too. No one can really pinpoint whats the problem...is it their phone or the network. Do Rezound owners have connection issues? That might be the phone to get right now...lol.

As for the Bionic vs. RAZR.... It depends. They are so similar its almost a wash to be honest.
  6. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus New Member

So switch it over to cdma only....
  7. DaDroidDude

DaDroidDude New Member

I've had Rezound for a couple of weeks now with no connectivity issues whatever.
    However, prior to my purchase, I was in a verizon store exploring which phone to get, and they were talking about having 4G issues all day.
    Neither the Rezound, the Bionic or the Razr had 4G connection.
    Perhaps it would help to mention what part of the country you're in, since this could be a local issue.
    I'm in the denver area.

As far as the Razr vs the other phones, I liked the thin lightweight feel but hated the blue hue of the screen, or was it green? I don't remember. Suffice to say that I couldn't get a purely white screen.
    That and the non-removable battery put the kabosh on the Razr.

However, in retrospect, the battery thing is less of a drop dead when I found out that the replacement battery for the Rezound is somewhere between $25 and $40!

How insulting is that?

B
  8. mleber

mleber New Member

I have put mine in CDMA only hoping to eliminate the problem but it hasn't, still drops connectivity on my razr.

9. Icyhot1966

Icyhot1966 New Member

^^^^^ Yes that's a myth. It still affects your phone. I've watched it happen on 3G phones too here in my house. DX and DX2 specifically. However, I did a hard reset on my RAZR yesterday and it's been much better. So makes me wonder, those who have done the software update (probably everyone) try doing a hard reset and see if that helps.
  10. mleber

mleber New Member

I've done everything I can do, even the recommended full factory reset which is a pain. Today was a new RAZR low as I lost data connectivity while on a call so therefore I lost my call while on it and could not dial out again (only emergency calls it tells me). Had to do a hard reset then I was ok again.

My company has a corporate account so I got a hold of our local account rep, she put me on hold for several minutes while she talked to a technician. She confirms that it is a Motorola issue, not a Verizon issue and that Motorola is working on a fix. Who knows how long though? She thinks my phone is worse than others and is sending me a new phone, I'll have it tomorrow and will post in a day or two if another RAZR makes a difference. If not, as much as I would like to stay with the RAZR, I am going to switch out to the Nexus. Love everything about the RAZR except the fact that 100% of the time I go between 3g and 4g I lose connectivity and can't easily get it back. That is a dealbreaker.
  11. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

Going from the Razr to the Nexus ....doesn't seem like you'll gain much, its having issues as well and you are going to lose call quality for sure ...I'm still having the same issues too very frustrating but I am not jumping ship yet ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  12. rumblee1

rumblee1 Member

Hi all, on my bionic that I've had since september. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Had a few minor issues at first but nothing to make me want to trash it. Now with the update, I'm really happy. Remember, there's no perfect electronic device. NONE. You have to learn to live with them. Even my macbook pro and imac which are less than a year old, must be rebooted every once in a while, they just freeze up. But you've got to expect this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  13. TheAlpha

TheAlpha New Member

does a hard reset clear all of your data on tort Razr?

14. GeneralZod

GeneralZod Member

I think the RAZR is the better option. For one, it will be supported longer, as the Bionic is the older phone. I also expect the RAZR community to be larger, as VZW is doing a much bigger push on the RAZR, than they did on the Bionic. Regardless, I would stick with a 3G device for now. There are simply too many issues with 4G right now, regardless of manufacturer or model.
  15. mleber

mleber New Member

What I am hoping to gain is not losing data connectivity every day. If it's a known issue, you'd think they would be working harder to fix it. I've scoured the Nexus forum and while it seems it has its share of issues too, I am not sure that this is one of them. I do not want to switch. For everything else that is important to me, the RAZR is great. Not being able to make calls when this is my business phone is a deal breaker.

I'll post to this forum when I get the new RAZR and see if it's any better. I don't want to jump ship either but when you only have so much time to decide, you need to react quickly.
  16. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

I have both and would get both again...I have been fortunate with minimal data drops on either device (until the most recent Razr update, I now experience a few more)...

Both phones have pros & cons and you will be the best judge of what works for you. If you are going to have them side by side, compare them as best as you can (most likely one device on wifi if you only have one active line)...

Good luck on your decision...

~it's not just a phone~
  17. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL New Member

I have the bionic, just got it 2 days ago. I live in a 3G area only and have not experienced any problems at all. It hasn't dropped one time. Where I bought it at in the nearest city which is 4G, I didn't have any problems when I got it and the whole time down there. It actually switched over to 3G perfectly when I was crossing over.

When I read about all the problems it was having was scrared to get it but honestly mine makes everyone look like their lieing and I know that ain't true. Anyways my GF did have the razr and she experienced problems all the time no matter where so I either got lucky so far or something.

To me I'd keep the bionic as its a 100 cheaper and its not the phones fault on either one but Verizon's network.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  18. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 New Member

I have my RAZR set to cdma only and have never had a single drop. I only get the drops if I am on lte.

19. Zandar

Zandar New Member

CDMA only mode. Done.

Why would you not want a device that's at least capable of running 4G? That's like the iPhone not running Flash. I have mine set to on-demand for Flash, and I only use 4G when I really want the speed boost. I get all of the benefits with none of the drawbacks.

By the way, your avatar is rad. It remind me of this:
    m182829342.jpg
  20. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Like SmallTownGirl said, it really is just a preference thing..

I look at the Bionic as a super upgraded D1 .. I'm used to the feel of it, although it being bigger and lighter, that's my perception of it.
Search tags for this page

droid bionic vs droid razr m

droid bionic vs razr yahoo