Razr vs Bionic?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anandtech. Check out the razr review they did.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Both of these phones are outstanding. Pick the one you like best. The people on this forum who enjoy going back and forth with one another over which phone is better... Seriously? Know what I mean? It's a phone.

I am a high school assistant principal. I once had to deal with a little fight between two freshman who got into it over the brand of athletic socks one of them chose to wear. Razr v. Bionic, Android v. Apple, etc., and all of the similarly stupid "discussions" remind me of kids bickering over trivial crap.

I happen to love my new RAZR and I am sure there are many people who love their Bionic. If the fact that you cannot replace the battery when you're out and not near a charger seems like it might be an issue for you then I'd suggest the Bionic. You can keep a spare battery on you.

The RAZR is really thin, really light, and the display looks fantastic, IMO. But... If you allow the device to automatically dim the screen looks a little dingy, with a slight greenish tint (to my eyes). Disable that feature and turn up the brightness and it looks superb. If you view it from a sharp angle, even with the brightness up, it has a slight blueish cast to it. This is something that will never be an actual issue as, in the real world, you won't be viewing your device from such a crazy angle.

Keyboard app is superb. I am sticking with it instead of using Go.

Animations are smooth. The phone is ridiculously fast. The Bionic is too. If this means anything to you I got a score of 5979 on AnTuTu with my RAZR, a 2804 with Quadrant, and am getting 21.68 Mbps down and 12.14 Mbps up on Ookla Speedtest.net. A Bionic owner can post his/her numbers or you can search for them on this forum. They're similar.

These are both great phones. People who are into this stuff (I count myself in that group) and into sites like this make a big deal out of the tiniest differences or "flaws" in these devices. They're all really amazing, IMO.

As per requested. Some benches from a stock (rooted for wifi hack only.) Bionic... no debloat or any of that nonsence. remember these are my best guess at average bench #s.. ive benched lower and slightly higher. And as far is my opinion about these 2 phones I'm a bionic user and I love my bionic but I've also play with the rzr and it's very snappy! In response to the screen differences... I believe the screen on the bionic is better in daylight and when it using auto dim features it is better dim.. where is the razor have a greenish blue tint when it is that it's dimmest settings.
... preferably I'd rather have the nexus to have an unlocked bootloader butttttt.... where I live I'm on a fringe 3g service area and basically my bionic would have 3 bars of service and the nexus had 1 or no service so I had to drop it... :(
Antutu:

CAP201112011133.jpg

Cfbench:

CAP201112091030.jpg

Linpack:

CAP201112011359.jpg

4g w/ 3 bars if service ( upload is usually between 10 and 12):

CAP201112010902.jpg

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
2012-01-09_07-47-56_470.jpgCome on guys!

It's not so bleak about the Razr's battery. There plenty of external USB batteries out there, and not expensive either. I ride my bike a lot and track my miles with GPS app and it eats battery. I plug the spare bat and run GPS for hours and never worry about running out. Plus the battery is flat and has a nice extension cord, so both fit in a front pocket. Wear a Bluetooth ear piece and you're shiny.

Plus plus the battery in the Razr can be replaced! With some effort!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
As per requested. Some benches from a stock (rooted for wifi hack only.) Bionic... no debloat or any of that nonsence. remember these are my best guess at average bench #s.. ive benched lower and slightly higher. And as far is my opinion about these 2 phones I'm a bionic user and I love my bionic but I've also play with the rzr and it's very snappy! In response to the screen differences... I believe the screen on the bionic is better in daylight and when it using auto dim features it is better dim.. where is the razor have a greenish blue tint when it is that it's dimmest settings.
... preferably I'd rather have the nexus to have an unlocked bootloader butttttt.... where I live I'm on a fringe 3g service area and basically my bionic would have 3 bars of service and the nexus had 1 or no service so I had to drop it... :(
Antutu:

CAP201112011133.jpg

Cfbench:

CAP201112091030.jpg

Linpack:

CAP201112011359.jpg

4g w/ 3 bars if service ( upload is usually between 10 and 12):

CAP201112010902.jpg

Wow your benchmarks are impressive. What have you done to get it to that? Here's mine...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326135064729.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1326135064729.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 235
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326135082663.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1326135082663.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 218