Razr vs Bionic?

dsprik

Reaction score
I have a warranty question... Removable batteries are considered a "consumable" product and therefore are not covered under a cell phone warranty (believe me... I have tried to buck this stand by Vzn and other laptop companies). Since the battery in the Razr is not removable, does that mean it is now an integral part of the phone and now covered by warranty. For example, what if the battery quits holding a charge during the phone's warranty period? I have not had good luck with batteries too much past one year. Hence, a 2 yr contract makes me hesitate...

rumblee1

Reaction score
Remember one important fact about iphone, it doesn't have 4glte. That said, it doesn't drink up power as fast. I will say that many of my friends have an iphone and by 4-5 in the afternoon they're looking for an outlet to charge. In the meantime I can just pop in a fresh battery on my bionic. I'll stay with the bionic. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dsprik

Reaction score
I have a warranty question... Removable batteries are considered a "consumable" product and therefore are not covered under a cell phone warranty (believe me... I have tried to buck this stand by Vzn and other laptop companies). Since the battery in the Razr is not removable, does that mean it is now an integral part of the phone and now covered by warranty. For example, what if the battery quits holding a charge during the phone's warranty period? I have not had good luck with batteries too much past one year. Hence, a 2 yr contract makes me hesitate...
Well, I just read the manual page on the hard reset of the Razr and read that the "battery is non-removable", but that it CAN be replaced at a "motorola-approved service facility". While this may be a little reassuring, I still would not be all that excited about having to pay for this probably-not-cheap service...

The problem comes in that I will not know whether this battery will hold up until a few months after I will have made a jump to a new phone - Razr or GNex... Then again, another issue could pop up that would otherwise redirect my wallet in another direction - say for instance... a problem with dropping data connections...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a very simple solution - they have beautiful stores in nearly all malls across the U.S.

Wait.... never mind.

Well, I just read the manual page on the hard reset of the Razr and read that the "battery is non-removable", but that it CAN be replaced at a "motorola-approved service facility". While this may be a little reassuring, I still would not be all that excited about having to pay for this probably-not-cheap service...

The problem comes in that I will not know whether this battery will hold up until a few months after I will have made a jump to a new phone - Razr or GNex... Then again, another issue could pop up that would otherwise redirect my wallet in another direction - say for instance... a problem with dropping data connections...

Smeech

Reaction score
I have summed it up with:

If you want an extended battery with really good life, go Bionic.
If you want a much thinner form factor with sufficient battery life for a standard battery, go RAZR.

If you REALLY REALLY hate Pentile, go RAZR (although I believe it's still pentile, the SAMOLED drowns the effect out). But there are things I like about the Bionic's screen over the RAZR (such as accurate reproduction, brighter screen, etc).

If you hate both, go with the Samsung. If you love being wired with chargers, go with the HTC (I kid, I kid).

kebeli

Reaction score
How do you like bionic screen more than Razr? Extendended battery makes bionic almost 1 " thick... Bionic was the worst phone that I ever owned..

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to take the extended battery off - it was like a brick. The only thing it was good for was never running out of juice and self defense.

But I don't think I woud say the Bionic was that bad.

How do you like bionic screen more than Razr? Extendended battery makes bionic almost 1 " thick... Bionic was the worst phone that I ever owned..

Smeech

Reaction score
I stated why I like the screen more in my post. I also got used to the extended battery pretty quick.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

kebeli

Reaction score
Agreed. Everybody has different standards. I just placed my Bionic in the Gazelle box.. So long!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My question is, if it freezes... what will get it back since obviously a battery pull won't be possible....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

From page 55 of the RAZR manual

Crash recovery
In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops
responding to touches and key presses, try a forced
reboot—press and hold both Power and the down
volume key for 10 seconds.

Extendended (sic) battery makes bionic almost 1 " thick... Bionic

I measured and weighed the regular battery and extended battery. The regular battery is 1/8" thick and weighs 1.1 oz. The extended battery is 1/4" thick and weighs 2.1 oz. The original thickness of the Bionic is 1/2" so adding 1/8" doesn't even make it almost 3/4" much less 1".

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the extended battery cover. I don't think its 1" total, but it definitely adds more than 1/8".

--
sent from my Razr

Smeech

Reaction score
With the extended battery cover on, the phone is 5/8" thick (which is less than 3/4").