Razr vs Bionic?

crwys

Reaction score
My question is, if it freezes... what will get it back since obviously a battery pull won't be possible....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

This has been said over and over. It will obviously have a hard reset combo. So holding a certain combo of buttons will be the same effect as a battery pull.

I really do not see why people are going crazy of this non-removable battery thing.
The iPhone has had a non-removable battery for YEARS. No major issues at all, what so ever. Just because it is coming to Android doesn't mean anything different.

joshhh

Reaction score
This has been said over and over. It will obviously have a hard reset combo. So holding a certain combo of buttons will be the same effect as a battery pull.

I really do not see why people are going crazy of this non-removable battery thing.
The iPhone has had a non-removable battery for YEARS. No major issues at all, what so ever. Just because it is coming to Android doesn't mean anything different.

Most people I see with iphones have no reason to pull the battery, because there isn't as much that can cause the need to pull the battery. Every iphone is exactly the same as the last, so ever jailbreak will work with every iphone of that version. So there isn't any guesswork that needs to be done. As with droids, there is always something you can't account for. Such as a bootloop, or the fact that a droid 3's sleep mode doesn't work and a battery pull is absolutely necessary to wake it back up. Even a reset wont fix all problems, sometimes just freezing eveything with a battery pull will fix a problem. That's why it is actually different for android to not have a removeable battery as opposed to iphones lack of need for such a feature.

Sent from my DROID3

crwys

Reaction score
Most people I see with iphones have no reason to pull the battery, because there isn't as much that can cause the need to pull the battery. Every iphone is exactly the same as the last, so ever jailbreak will work with every iphone of that version. So there isn't any guesswork that needs to be done. As with droids, there is always something you can't account for. Such as a bootloop, or the fact that a droid 3's sleep mode doesn't work and a battery pull is absolutely necessary to wake it back up. Even a reset wont fix all problems, sometimes just freezing eveything with a battery pull will fix a problem. That's why it is actually different for android to not have a removeable battery as opposed to iphones lack of need for such a feature.

Sent from my DROID3

First of all, you do not know how the hard reset will function. It could overcome any of these possibilities that you listed.
Second, most people don't root their phone. And if they do they just need to be more safe. Not a big problem.

Gee223

Reaction score
I really like the technical specs of both phones. However, the non-removable battery is a killer for me. I use my phone in ways that would make the average power user's jaw drop. I can kill a my stock DX battery 3 times a day. Not being able to pull it means not being able to upgrade it. Then there is the Bionic with the "okay" display and the plasticy back :-(.

Luckily I'm not due for an upgrade till June our July. Until then, I'm good with streaming slightly lower quality por.... Um, videos through the HDMI from the DX. Of course, if the choices given, Bionic definitely.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
RAZR or Galaxy Nexus?

I really like the technical specs of both phones. However, the non-removable battery is a killer for me. I use my phone in ways that would make the average power user's jaw drop. I can kill a my stock DX battery 3 times a day. Not being able to pull it means not being able to upgrade it. Then there is the Bionic with the "okay" display and the plasticy back :-(.

Luckily I'm not due for an upgrade till June our July. Until then, I'm good with streaming slightly lower quality por.... Um, videos through the HDMI from the DX. Of course, if the choices given, Bionic definitely.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC Rezound is looking SWEEEEET!!!

Seriously?

HTC crap build quality, Sense, and the Rezound has dual 1.5 processors and has a smaller battery than any new phone at 1620.

Get it if you want something to break fast and carry 3 batteries with you.

Gee223

Reaction score
Seriously?

HTC crap build quality, Sense, and the Rezound has dual 1.5 processors and has a smaller battery than any new phone at 1620.

Get it if you want something to break fast and carry 3 batteries with you.

I know a few DInc owners who are still in love with their phones as I am with the DX. I'm not a Sense hater, but have not used it much. There is also a 2750mah battery available for it. I generally keep my phone plugged in if I can anyway. Besides, I'm sure something with the MSM8960 chipset or better will be out by Q3 2012 anyway. If it's as efficient as claimed, it should be pretty easy on juice.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My problem is really Sense. My dad bought an HTC and being his age always asks me do help him with it. Since they've reprogrammed what the buttons do it's not at all the same as stock google or even motoblur and I usually get very frustrated. He also says the battery life is horrible.

Right now I have to decide between the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus - hard decision.

speedyroo

Reaction score

The iphone also has much better battery technology - as in it LASTS. These droids, esp the 4gs don't last. My friend that has the bionic had to get an extended battery for her bionic because it kept dying half way through the day. The battery on the RAZR is just slightly bigger than the one on the bionic. But with the RAZR you can't get the extended battery.....

I don't particularly like that idea. I got to wait til the phone comes out and see what people think. I never got an extended battery for my OG Droid so maybe the RAZR doesn't need one. But I would like to have that option.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The razr has the same battery technology as the iphone.

RedTarget

Reaction score
The iphone also has much better battery technology - as in it LASTS. These droids, esp the 4gs don't last. My friend that has the bionic had to get an extended battery for her bionic because it kept dying half way through the day. The battery on the RAZR is just slightly bigger than the one on the bionic. But with the RAZR you can't get the extended battery.....

I don't particularly like that idea. I got to wait til the phone comes out and see what people think. I never got an extended battery for my OG Droid so maybe the RAZR doesn't need one. But I would like to have that option.

I believe that the Razr is to use the same type of battery technology (the physical battery type, not how the OS handles it..) as the iPhone which is Lithium Polymer. This may be a good thing, or a bad thing as there are certainly pro's and con's for each type of battery.

EDIT: SSHGuru... sorry for posting the same thing as you did. I typed this up and received a call before I could hit submit! :)

speedyroo

Reaction score
I just looked up the specs on the Nexus.....man I am sold on both phones EXCEPT:

No SD card on the Nexus
No removable battery on the Razr

But slightly leaning more towards the Nexus now though. I think I'd be fine with a 32gig phone, maybe even the 16. I like the other specs too. But if the battery ends up being good on the Razr I may go towards that.

This article was helpful: HTC Rezound vs. Galaxy Nexus vs. Droid Razr: specs showdown
But I find it curious they don't mention the unremovable battery of the Razr

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The razr has the same battery technology as the iphone.

what is this "battery technology" y'all refer to that's different than other phones? I know on the iPhone, the software is maximized to where it uses VERY little while sitting idle, which I've only seen duplicated on the Inc2 for Android...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
what is this "battery technology" y'all refer to that's different than other phones? I know on the iPhone, the software is maximized to where it uses VERY little while sitting idle, which I've only seen duplicated on the Inc2 for Android...

I've heard something about a "gel pack" battery. The idea is that the battery can made thinner and even broken up into different pieces to fit in odd spaces in the phone.

As far as the iPhone goes, it's no wonder the battery lasts a long time because the phone is capable of less. No 4G, no widgets, no Adobe Flash, neutered mobile web sites/no way to save files from a link in the browser, and background notifications and processes are just barely starting to get utilized on the OS. On Android, for most apps if you go back to the home screen the app waits idling in case you switch back. On the iPhone, the app is usually killed because multi-tasking is a new thing for Apple and devs haven't taken advantage/the system encourages apps to be killed.