Razr vs Bionic?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only Android phone I've had that has had better battery life than my iPhone 4 is the Inc2, and they're pretty much on par with each other. For my usage anyway...

indymale26

Reaction score
also the bionic u can get huge extended battery i get great battery life with it and not bad without

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I find it a bit amusing that for years a couple of the big pluses of Android phones over an Iphone were the ability to remove the battery and having an SD slot. Almost every time comparisons came up they were one of the first things mentioned. Now all of a sudden the Razr and the Nexus don't have one or the other and it isn't an issue anymore. Huh?

Straw-man much? It is an issue, why are we talking about it if it wasn't?

I think is might be a mistake for Android, but then again the iPhone is quite suscessful without both of these so maybe they will go away in the future.

Caesarg

Reaction score
Straw-man much? It is an issue, why are we talking about it if it wasn't?

I think is might be a mistake for Android, but then again the iPhone is quite suscessful without both of these so maybe they will go away in the future.

Point well taken. I guess my point was that even though it is being discussed, it seems that it is being accepted as being ok. I seem to remember that the overwhelming opinion in regards to the Iphone was that it was not a good thing. But again as I said previously I could be wrong.

And as for the future, I agree with you. I would think there would be fewer issues with a closed system at least in the eyes of the manufacturers. Depending on how they implement it, it might also be a cost saver.

I for one hope this doesn't come about because I love having the choice.

portermac

Reaction score
Don't forget the iPhone is running without lte and widgets and a lot smaller screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Point well taken. I guess my point was that even though it is being discussed, it seems that it is being accepted as being ok. I seem to remember that the overwhelming opinion in regards to the Iphone was that it was not a good thing. But again as I said previously I could be wrong.

And as for the future, I agree with you. I would think there would be fewer issues with a closed system at least in the eyes of the manufacturers. Depending on how they implement it, it might also be a cost saver.

I for one hope this doesn't come about because I love having the choice.

Go over to the Bionic forum and you'll see plenty that don't accept it :p

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think the market is different now though. When the Droid came out it had no internal storage at all so of course you needed a card. Now they're making phones with so much internal storage that one isn't really needed. Plus Google music now exists so you don't really need the space for music as you can just stream it. As the tech changes, what we need in a phone also changes. So you can say that issues become non issues for people because a certain device comes out, but I think issues are determind by the tech that's available. An sd card slot is no longer an issue for me because of reasons that I previously stated. A removeable battery is somewhat of an issue for me because battery tech isn't so great right now. I keep a portable battery pack for now but an extra battery is a lil less hassle than the pack. So yes some people might make some concessions for a phone (I would make a lot to have updates first) but I think the ones being made aren't too big.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

speedyroo

Reaction score
I am VERY underwhelmed with BOTH of these phones. I have the original Droid and I am due for an upgrade. My friend got the bionic and I played around with it. I think the screen leaves something to be desired. I think my original Droid has a better, more clearer screen than the Bionic. The Bionic almost looks dingy or cheap. I was looking forward to the Bionic for months. And then when I heard the Razr came out and with a better screen I thought it would be a great find. But now I hear about an unremovable battery and storage and I am not pleased. I guess I can get over the storage as I haven't tapped into the storage on my Original Droid. But I was hoping to take the apps with me to the new phone I got. Ok. I can download them again. A pain....but not a deal breaker. But the battery thing - that REALLY concerns me. I can't even begin how many times I've had to remove the battery on every phone I've owned to get it "unstuck" for whatever reason. This worries me. And with all these phones having a history of crappy battery life, what if this one has a crappy one too? You can't get an extended.

rkeller62

Reaction score
I am VERY underwhelmed with BOTH of these phones. I have the original Droid and I am due for an upgrade. My friend got the bionic and I played around with it. I think the screen leaves something to be desired. I think my original Droid has a better, more clearer screen than the Bionic. The Bionic almost looks dingy or cheap. I was looking forward to the Bionic for months. And then when I heard the Razr came out and with a better screen I thought it would be a great find. But now I hear about an unremovable battery and storage and I am not pleased. I guess I can get over the storage as I haven't tapped into the storage on my Original Droid. But I was hoping to take the apps with me to the new phone I got. Ok. I can download them again. A pain....but not a deal breaker. But the battery thing - that REALLY concerns me. I can't even begin how many times I've had to remove the battery on every phone I've owned to get it "unstuck" for whatever reason. This worries me. And with all these phones having a history of crappy battery life, what if this one has a crappy one too? You can't get an extended.

RAZR has a removable micro SD card and there will be a button combination to press to reset the phone if it freezes, something like volume up + power.

speedyroo

Reaction score
RAZR has a removable micro SD card and there will be a button combination to press to reset the phone if it freezes, something like volume up + power.

Is it the same micro SD card that goes in the original Droid?

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Is it the same micro SD card that goes in the original Droid?

microSD is microSD... the OG Droid came with a 16GB class 2 microSD card, I do believe that the Razr will probably have the same one, just like the Bionic did.

If I had to chose between the Razr or Bionic, if the screen is the same, then I would go with the Bionic, cause of the battery, I had batteries die on me over the years I owed cellphones. If the Screen was better than the Bionics, then the Razr, because I was not a fan of the grainy pixels on the Bionic, the Bionic's screen was my sole reason I returned mine :-(

equake

Reaction score
The battery is most likely the LiPolymer type used in the iPhone which should give it better charging characteristics and contributes to the slim form factor but trades off in cycle life and volatility.

speedyroo

Reaction score
microSD is microSD... the OG Droid came with a 16GB class 2 microSD card, I do believe that the Razr will probably have the same one, just like the Bionic did.

If I had to chose between the Razr or Bionic, if the screen is the same, then I would go with the Bionic, cause of the battery, I had batteries die on me over the years I owed cellphones. If the Screen was better than the Bionics, then the Razr, because I was not a fan of the grainy pixels on the Bionic, the Bionic's screen was my sole reason I returned mine :-(

The screen on the bionic really sucks, IMO. I put my OG Droid right next to it and compared the screens and IMO the OG Droid was much better. I was very underwhelmed by the Bionic's screen. I mean how can a 2yr old phone have a better screen than one that just came out?! I really DO hope that the Razr has the better screen. From what I've read is that the screen on the Razr is "super amoled" so I imagine better.

It's good to know about the SD card.....the battery thing worries me but I feel better knowing there's a "kill switch" - but like you I worry about the batteries. But Verizon generally has been pretty good about replacing things...so maybe they'd be good about this?

rkeller62

Reaction score
microSD is microSD... the OG Droid came with a 16GB class 2 microSD card, I do believe that the Razr will probably have the same one, just like the Bionic did....(

According to the Motorola developer site the RAZR will have a class 4 card.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
My question is, if it freezes... what will get it back since obviously a battery pull won't be possible....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums