Razr vs Bionic?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I mean the Bionic does seem to have some problems, but it also has a removable battery and a SD card slot.
Best of both worlds? It will get ICS fairly soon, plus it's cheaper now.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I mean the Bionic does seem to have some problems, but it also has a removable battery and a SD card slot.
Best of both worlds? It will get ICS fairly soon, plus it's cheaper now.

The new updates that have been leaked do seem to fix all the issues with the Bionic. Actually I should say it fixes all the issue about which I care!! It fixes the 3G data connect, the 4G to 3G hand-off, the wifi to 3G hand-off, the camera and it gives better battery performance (all this is based on my phone and my installation of 5.5.893 and 5.6.893 updates). The final update is due, according to rumors, to be released in early to mid November. That's reasonably close to the release of the Razr. Personally, and this may be biased by the fact that I already have a Bionic, I would not trade away the ability to actually see my screen in the sunlight, the removable battery and the removable battery (though I thought the Razr has a removable sdcard). Isn't it the Galaxy Nexus that will not have a removable sdcard?

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
No is doesn't I was just mentioning the two hard choices for me, removable media and or battery.

Sorry for not being clear.

The Bionic solves both issues so now the equation isn't just Razr lose battery, or G-nex lose SD expansion.

I'm in love with the idea of the Razr but if you can't pull the battery,,,,I assure you I can break anything.
Back when I worked as a real engineer, my team mates would give me a prototype and ask me what was wrong with it.
I have a gift and in an fairly short time I would see the fault or weakness.

Soo a reset by button or battery pull is a must.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus doesn't have a removable SD card.

No it doesn't but I can live with that. Since I am all in for the nexus. Now I think the major differences between the bionic and razr is the razr will not have pentile display, a removable battery, and more bloatware. So in my opinion bionic ftw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
No it doesn't but I can live with that. Since I am all in for the nexus. Now I think the major differences between the bionic and razr is the razr will not have pentile display, a removable battery, and more bloatware. So in my opinion bionic ftw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

But the Razr has a pentile display too, doesn't it?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Bionic fits my needs better. The removable battery alone makes it my choice.
Lets not forget we havent seen a single hands with with a VZW RAZR yet so there are no reviews regarding battery life thus far.

Until there is real world testing with the VZW variant on LTE nobody will know for sure how the device will work for power users.

gmtekk

Reaction score
you guys need to stop crying about not being able to remove the battery!!..get with the future. Eventually all high end phones will be this way.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
you guys need to stop crying about not being able to remove the battery!!..get with the future. Eventually all high end phones will be this way.

I find this highly unlikely. As phones become increasingly in need of more power, I believe it will almost be a requirement to walk around with a spare battery. Unless they come out with some super battery that can last for days on end without a charge.

As mentioned in other post, their are portable chargers that run off of standard batteries that you can carry with you. I'd prefer just carrying a spare battery.

The pentile screen is a preference. Might get some sharper colors, but in bright sunshine, will be hard to see the screen.

We don't know about the razr as it's not been released, what issues it will have etc.

For me, when the Bionic issues are fixed, it WILL be the phone that rules all machines... at least until next month :)

equake

Reaction score
I thought the samoled screens improved on the sunlight viewing. We will have to see if it does. The advantage is the lower power use by the new screens with a dark background and pentile could mean the rgbg type display

gmtekk

Reaction score
I had the iPhone and was on it all day everyday!....if apple can do the enclosed battery so can others!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I had the iPhone and was on it all day everyday!....if apple can do the enclosed battery so can others!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I know it's just one more data point, but my brother's iPhone is always out of power and plugged into a charger.
I guess someone thought it was a problem due to the extra-battery cases.

With normal usage all my Droids can last a workday, but most of my days are much longer that 8-9 hours. I cycle, hike and golf,
all activities I use a Sports tracker/GPS app. On my first day off I am often up and active 18-20 hours.
I can't see anyone making a stock battery big enough to last that long.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I thought the samoled screens improved on the sunlight viewing. We will have to see if it does. The advantage is the lower power use by the new screens with a dark background and pentile could mean the rgbg type display

The Bionic screen is the one that is amazing in the sunlight. Bright as can be even in direct sunlight.
We havent gotten any hands on evidence either way regarding the RAZR in this capacity. Time will tell if Moto added the anti-reflective layer that is in the Bionics glass to the RAZR.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The problem with built-in battery's is the battery's actual lifespan. In my experiences, battery's need to be replaced about every year/year & a half. I would choose the bionic for this sole reason.

Caesarg

Reaction score
I find it a bit amusing that for years a couple of the big pluses of Android phones over an Iphone were the ability to remove the battery and having an SD slot. Almost every time comparisons came up they were one of the first things mentioned. Now all of a sudden the Razr and the Nexus don't have one or the other and it isn't an issue anymore. Huh?

I think that people get so locked in on a device that they just disregard things that would have been a problem on other phones. I think this is especially true in regards to the Nexus. If the Bionic did not have an SD card slot, I would bet that there would be many people slamming it for that reason, and, maybe, rightly so.

I personally could probably do without the SD card. But I also like having it to store music on. In regards to the battery however, I personally would not buy a phone without a removable battery. I currently have a Bionic and two spare batteries (extended and regular) and use them regularly. To those who say that the Iphone manages without a removable battery, I would only add that I have a friend I work with (Law Enforcement) who has an iphone. Whenever we go out, he always has his phone charging. He, not me, is always saying that the battery life on the phone sucks. Now I don't know how much he uses it but I would estimate a lot because he is always using it when when I see him. Finally, to those who mention replacing the battery (dead, etc.) I would think that most people replace their phones before the battery ever goes dead. So I don't think this is that big of an issue.

And of course all of this is just my opinion and I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife.