RAZR VS Bionic or other lte phones

Reaction score
I'm getting a new phone in Jan and I was looking at the razr is it any good? Or are there better phones out there? I like Motorola they're phones are sturdy

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I currently have the Bionic and previously had the RAZR. I really did not care for the RAZR. The display was too oversaturated and the whole device did not feel good in the hand. The Bionic has a nice display. Crystal clear and viewable in sunlight. It is also a little more narrow and is thicker than the RAZR so it is easier (for me) to hold. I am not knocking the RAZR it is a great phone. Just not my great phone. Go to VZW and try out both. They are each great devices in their own right.

OP
H
Reaction score
I have big hands and I need a fairly big phone I got the x now and it's not wide enough for me I heard the razr was a lot wider than x

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have big hands and I need a fairly big phone I got the x now and it's not wide enough for me I heard the razr was a lot wider than x

You're right it's noticeable wider. I love the X/X2 form factor, but the Razr is too light and too wide.

However; have you read the items the update will fix on the Bionic. Wow, quite a list. How can one update do do much and can out be bug free? I mean not looking for trouble.

Back to the Razr a case fixes fairly well.
It won't make it any narrower but I think it'll had some heft and some sticky-ness.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Kimo91

Reaction score
It depends what you're looking for in a phone IMO. Your question is very vague so its hard to help out. I chose the Razr for many reasons but I liked the hardware and the unique design. I messed around with both the Razr and Bionic and I wasn't impressed with the bionic and it helped out that the rep showed me her bionic and how it dropped data 3 times in 20 min to where she had to toggle airplane mode to recover the data.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better phones....depends on what you consider better.

IMO all these current phones are a good choice for anyone looking for a new phone. Dual core, 1GB ram....if all things are equal it makes the phone fly, multi tasking is better.

RAZR has thinness going for it and comes with some nice apps, and the docks.
G Nex has a higher res screen, easier to run custom ROMs on, the newest version of Android and should get updates the fastest.
Rezound has higher res screen, Sense UI.
Bionic is similar to the RAZR just in a different form factor. And some ppl feel the screen is better on the RAZR.

Almost everything about each phone is up for debate. Bottom line: you really cant go wrong with any. And the only reason I dont mention the Droid 3 is no LTE, 512Ram and the Droid 4 is coming real soon.

OP
H
Reaction score
I heard the razr will be getting ics in Jan. And does the razr need a case? I mean it's liquid resistance inside and out gorilla glass and kevlar back. And I love big screens I've never had a samsung before

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I heard the razr will be getting ics in Jan. And does the razr need a case? I mean it's liquid resistance inside and out gorilla glass and kevlar back. And I love big screens I've never had a samsung before

I've read two posts today alone about people dropping their RAZR and it denting and another with a scratched screen. Even the most careful folks can have the unexpected happen.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, going to picking up a new phone here when the Nexus is released. I'm in the air between the Bionic, Razr and upcoming Nexus. For now though, I'd say the Bionic gets my vote. I've done the side-by-side's with the Razr and it feels and looks nicer and a slightly smoother and cleaner display. The 4G hump at the top of the Razr annoys me to the point I think I wouldn't enjoy the phone. Plus the Bionic is $100 cheaper.

satarecah

Reaction score

yes unless your crazy.... i pay for insurance and have extended warranty... i use the otterbox defender... can never be too safe... i always go by the rule of touch screen phones... wrap it... before you tap it...