Razr v. Nexus upgrade

alboboy10

Reaction score
I can honestly say I have never desired the iPhone. Ever. If I got one for free I would sell it or give it away.

That or just download a million games on it and just use it as a nintendo.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I have no use for the iphone 3, 4 or 4s; but if the next iphone looks like this, I will covet....oh yes I will covet.:hail:

I will never covet the app store though and Apple's locked down business model.

iphone_5.jpg

OP
ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect this thread to get this large. So the update is that I chose the Razr. When I got the Thunderbolt originally, as soon as I got into my car outside the Verizon store I had already found things that I didn't like about it and had sort of buyer remorse, but I needed an upgrade from my old Droid 1 so I was okay and figured I just would just get used to the changes.
Since I've had the Razr...about a week now, I've had none of that remorse. I've had no complaints with the phone and have found little things about it that I love even more than I did with either of the previous ones I've owned. The actual phone app itself works better than the original Droid and the Thunderbolt, I was shocked when I tried to create a three way call and it actually worked!
Love this phone.

rasaun87

Reaction score
Let's see let's compare a ph that had to be upgraded to a larger battery because people were complaining from start to finish razor would be dead in 5 hrs. After all why would Motorola make the same ph with a bigger battery.

Maybe you people need to get your specs correct, nexus is the largest display of any ph to this day! Get it right! Do your homework. Razor mazz, come on now! Yeah I wanna buy a bulky ph that weighs a ton.

There is no way anyone can get 12 hrs off a stock razor! Stop lying! Tiny little battery!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

And this is HEAVY use. Over 30 tweets, downloaded 2 apps, medium facebooking, espn, basically 3h 58m of screen on time. 3g mostly with 2 hours of 4g.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330055802866.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1330055802866.png
    37 KB · Views: 197

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And this is HEAVY use. Over 30 tweets, downloaded 2 apps, medium facebooking, espn, basically 3h 58m of screen on time. 3g mostly with 2 hours of 4g.

Yea..I never replied to him...but I can get 12 hours using my RAZR during the day. When you factor in 4G....thats pretty good.

pappy53

Reaction score
Razr Pros:

Build quality
Call quality
Signal strength
Speakerphone
Snappiness
Speed
Gorilla glass

Razr cons:

Screen ( but not a lot of difference to the average user)
ICS ( coming to Razr )

SEColwell

Reaction score

How do I get my battery icon in the too status bar to be percent

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

Scooterman7

Reaction score
How do I get my battery icon in the too status bar to be percent

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

I don't know of a way to get it to read along side the battery icon with the stock rom. However, you CAN get it to show in the Status Bar by getting the Battery Notifier (Big Text) app. I went ahead and bought the Pro version so I could get the green color (Pro offers more colors and more fonts).

calipup

Reaction score
Recent switch from GNEX to Maxx

So i'd just like to contribute my $0.02.

I got my Gnex at the beginning of January because i wanted ICS and an unlocked bootloader. I live in a fairly stable reception area, of course not close to 4g but very strong 3g. Started noticing issues right of the bat with battery life and call quality. Since this was going to be my work phone those two issues had a lot of influence on my decision to move off this platform. other issues that showed up were
1. Currently there is a large subset of Gnex users with a wierd call quality issue where the mic will cut out and all the latest software updates have yet to fix it so it boils down to hardware or reception.
2. add on top some dtmf dial tone issues (example: duplicate numbers when entering conference call passcodes)
3. some glitchy refresh issues with widgets (fixed in 4.0.4 but still not GA)
4. odd screen behaviour with a red hue on the right side (required hardware replacement)

and i had to ultimately give up on this platform and go to a razr maxx. I came from a droid x so i loved motorola hardware just hated being locked into blur and bloatware. Was a long time user of liberty os and was really excited with ICS. I just couldnt get the nexus to do what i wanted. So now i'm here hoping we can ramp up development and bring some really good ROMS to the RAZR platform.

rdgxray

Reaction score
Had the bionic ...no problems with current update ...it came out in September 2011...still a current powerful dual core smartphone ...switched to the nexus after reading how awesome it was...right away hard time holding 3g at my house or work...lost signal driving through middle of town...poor call quality ...who was calling and receiving...both poor...that made my decision easy...I use my phone as my primary phone...returned nexus for razr ...just wanted something different than bionic with it's signal and call quality ...haven't noticed poor battery life with razr...it comes with a bigger battery than bionic ...sure I would rather have the maxx...but no real problem with standard razr battery life...if call quality and signal get fixed on nexus it would be a good choice...learned my lesson though...Motorola just has better hardware quality

pinoy_92

Reaction score
i get over 12 hours with mixed 4g and 3g.

the reason i went with the droid razr is because i loved my motorola razr and i loved my motorola droid and the way i see it, they had a baby called droid razr.

then the ugly twin brother came out, droid razr maxx.... :icon_ devil: JK to all maxx users...

JeffDenver

Reaction score
i get over 12 hours with mixed 4g and 3g. the reason i went with the droid razr is because i loved my motorola razr and i loved my motorola droid and the way i see it, they had a baby called droid razr.

If so, it is a baby they adopted from distant relatives. They sure didnt have it themselves.

The Droid Razr has almost nothing to do with the original Droid, and shares nothing at all with the original Razr besides the name.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
No Jeff, it was their baby. I can attest to that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using StorkForums

indee2025

Reaction score
It's gonna depend on what you see in a device, I had the Bionic and didn't see what the hype was with the Nexus. Bionic had issues, now I have a Razr. Looked at the rezound but I had a DI2 awhile back and after 1 week the boot started freezing up (non-rooted) and just being in my pocket by itself caused the paint to rub off the camera lens so I don't trust their quality.

The Razr is a great device, I tried the Nexus at various displays, ICS doesn't interest me whatsoever, feels like the Xoom honeycombish software and that isn't good either. Probably ok if you're used to that interface.

Go launchers? I'm not even going to comment on that.

If you get hands on with them both at a few locations you will know which one to get period.