Razr update issues

coloman

Reaction score
My phone has been rooted but as you all know there was a new update from Moto days ago and I downloaded the update but it said update fail. Can someone enlighten me on this?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My phone has been rooted but as you all know there was a new update from Moto days ago and I downloaded the update but it said update fail. Can someone enlighten me on this?

You can install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, then unroot, pull down the update, install and then reroot with Voodoo. If it fails, you may need to restore with Fastboot for RAZR before updating and then reroot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
Sounds like you deleted your bloatware...typical.

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

OP
C

coloman

Reaction score
You can install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, then unroot, pull down the update, install and then reroot with Voodoo. If it fails, you may need to restore with Fastboot for RAZR before updating and then reroot.

Thx and I will try that. By the way, whats new in this update?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thx and I will try that. By the way, whats new in this update?

Some revisions to the camera, 3g & 4g radios and I believe some other internal system changes but not significant changes to the operating system.

JackDN

Reaction score
My RAZR is completely stock and I have been unable to install the latest update on 4 different tries. I even went to a Verizon store to see if they could help, but they, too, were unsuccessful. The person helping me called Verizon direct and they indicated that many others are having the same problem, and that Motorola is aware of it and working on a solution. The Verizon representative is suppose to get back to me with an answer within a week. We'll see what happens.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My RAZR is completely stock and I have been unable to install the latest update on 4 different tries. I even went to a Verizon store to see if they could help, but they, too, were unsuccessful. The person helping me called Verizon direct and they indicated that many others are having the same problem, and that Motorola is aware of it and working on a solution. The Verizon representative is suppose to get back to me with an answer within a week. We'll see what happens.

Yeah the update didn't help me much. It did a bit of a reverse for my device other than the slight camera tweaks...I'm rooting and flashing soon anyway and i know me...once I do its all over. I will only go back to stock in the event of a worthy update (ics) or if i get myself into a bind. Or pure flash withdrawals ..lol

Regodog

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest update 6.11.748 before rooting. I use Razr Safestrap and the unsafe mode (original ROM) shows the latest update but safe mode (RazrX) has the older version. I get the message that there is an update but when I dl it and install, it fails to load. I haven't removed any bloatware. Is this typical?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I downloaded the latest update 6.11.748 before rooting. I use Razr Safestrap and the unsafe mode (original ROM) shows the latest update but safe mode (RazrX) has the older version. I get the message that there is an update but when I dl it and install, it fails to load. I haven't removed any bloatware. Is this typical?

Did you follow the instructions?

The instructions tells you to do a full RSD Fastboot back to .744 BEFORE you do anything else. Then it talks about OTA to .748 and DISABLE Safestrap. Then Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to preserve root BEFORE you upgrade.