RAZR took a swim

joshxdroid

Reaction score
My brothers RAZR fell in the lake with him Sunday night, it has been in rice since then. It will now power on. But some keys don't work, and it doesn't get service very well. I'm hopeful because it does power on, any other suggestions of what we should do?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you have done the most you could.. i know if you dont have a factory cable for that thing . you will need to keep it charged as well. once it dies it hard to recover from that . 2 days on rice then charge and hope is about all you can do .. hope it works out for ya

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
justin82 said:
you have done the most you could.. i know if you dont have a factory cable for that thing . you will need to keep it charged as well. once it dies it hard to recover from that . 2 days on rice then charge and hope is about all you can do .. hope it works out for ya

Believe it or not it actually died once and came back. I was not consulted until a day later so i wasn't able to keep it from dying.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
So as it turns out, my sisters ipood fell in the lake the same say as my brothers RAZR. I'm happy to report that the RAZR had come back to life and is being used again while the apple remains dead.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Factory data cables.... i think we need to start recommending them lol. As part of a "recovering your razr after its been wet" kit.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
tech_head said:
What kind of iPod?
If it's a classic, it's dead. iPod classic has a HD inside.
I don't know which model. I think a touch 3rd gen? I don't really care

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Factory data cables.... i think we need to start recommending them lol. As part of a "recovering your razr after its been wet" kit.

+1 and if you root and mess around it should be a requirement IMO..