razr to razr maxx conversion.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Where I do you order? I've never had a phone die on me as much as the razr

buscms

Reaction score
do we think the price for the conversion will go down with time? I prefer to send mine in and have it professionally done if I'm going to do it.

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Ya if this phone had a removable battery u could get an extended battery for half that price. Wish it did have removable batery

thegreatone3

Reaction score
Did the conversion and the stock battery indicator works just fine. I also use Circle Battery Widget and it works just fine too. Love having almost double the battery life!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Did the conversion and the stock battery indicator works just fine. I also use Circle Battery Widget and it works just fine too. Love having almost double the battery life!!!

For everyone's benefit, since the RAZR and RAZR MAXX both use the same motherboard and same ROM, they will operate with either battery and the charging and meter circuits will perform normally (as thegreatone3 confirmed). In fact they are essentially the same phone except for the conversion items mentioned here, so apps and accessories will also perform identically add well (assuming the device fits into the accessory properly).

I have also discovered that the car navigation dock for the RAZR will not accept the RAZR MAXX even of the insert is removed due to the shape difference of the back of the two phones (pronounced hump on the RAZR as opposed to almost no difference in thickness from top to bottom on the MAXX).

The HD Dock for the RAZR can fit the MAXX if the smoke colored insert is removed first, and a small pad is placed on the bottom ledge to support the phone. I used a piece of the carpet side of Velcro and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.