razr to razr maxx conversion.

ryanr509

Reaction score
I've been looking at the conversion on cell phone repair shop and am just wondering if the stock battery indicator would read battery levels correctly after the conversion?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've been looking at the conversion on cell phone repair shop and am just wondering if the stock battery indicator would read battery levels correctly after the conversion?

The answer in a word is yes. Since these batteries all operate in the same voltage ranges and the only difference for the most part is the current rating (mAh). The stock battery metering system "learns" the batteries' capacities through a "training" by initially charging to 100% with power off, followed by use to 15% and then a repeat charge to 100% with power off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

B

bens42608

Hey, in order to get the razr for $99, that's only with contract renewal, correct?for that price Idlike to buy one just to play with but not ifit takes an upgrade

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Ahhh I gotcha I think I'm gonna order the kit from cell phone repair shop and do it. Hopefully ill be able to get 12 hours out of this thing then.

furbymac

Reaction score
ryanr509 said:
Ahhh I gotcha I think I'm gonna order the kit from cell phone repair shop and do it. Hopefully ill be able to get 12 hours out of this thing then.

I dont think u can order the kit unless u are a repair shop your self. Last i read they werent selling to common folk like us.

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Hmm if u go to cell phone repair shop online they sell it to normal ppl. They have an option to send ur phone in so they can do it for u or u can do it urself.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
Great question. I hope someone who was in on the initial batch of conversions can chime in. Also like to know how third party battery widgets perform after the mod.

paul7602

Reaction score
Great question. I hope someone who was in on the initial batch of conversions can chime in. Also like to know how third party battery widgets perform after the mod.

i didnt get the conversion kit but i bought a friends maxx after he cracked the screen without insurance! i did the conversion and charged the battery with the phone off for 2 nights! since then i dont think ive used my car charger once! and im a very heavy user !! web and calls facebook gps everything all day usually when i get home after 5 i still have 40 - 50 % left !! great investment! check ebay and craigslist for broken maxx that you can use the parts from! be careful taking the maxx apart its real easy to rip the battery ribbon !

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Well the kit from cell phone repair shop is only like $110 I believe. All the broken or bad esn razr maxx I have seen on eBay are $200 or more

paul7602

Reaction score
Well the kit from cell phone repair shop is only like $110 I believe. All the broken or bad esn razr maxx I have seen on eBay are $200 or more

Yea I bet a few people caught on to that one! ! But that kit really needs to add a couple of pieces in my opinion! ???

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
U can get the bracket that makes the ear piece black instead of silver so its a perfect fit and u don't have to tinker with the silver one. But thats an extra $35 i believe. Other than that it seems good to go

paul7602

Reaction score
U can get the bracket that makes the ear piece black instead of silver so its a perfect fit and u don't have to tinker with the silver one. But thats an extra $35 i believe. Other than that it seems good to go

Some of those parts are 4 official service centers only too! ! Sux! And limited rt now cause demand is high! !

OP
R

ryanr509

Reaction score
Ya sucks u can't just go buy some of those parts yourself. But to me its worth it since the stock RAZR battery only lasts me about 8-10 hours.