Razr tethering

William_04_x

Reaction score
Foxfi Beta.......no root and tethering is free.......to good to be true???? Check it out yourself...

My good deed of the day...lol!!!

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

Thanks Wopback. Worked fine on my phone. Wifi Xoom connected. :)

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Nizmoz

Reaction score
You have to be doing it wrong, are you going into applications and opening foxfi? or are you trying to turn on verizon hotspot (which would be wrong)?

I went into the foxfi app turned on wifi hotspot and not working. I see what I said above. This is on a new droid razr maxx. It turns on just my iPad doesn't see it.

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
Just read in another forum that the all Foxfi works without root and is free. It's worth a try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Wopback

Reaction score
Thanks Wopback. Worked fine on my phone. Wifi Xoom connected. :)

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

No problem....be careful to update though....it may try charging us at some point

Wopback

Reaction score
I know another cool app, but I'm debating to share it. I posted about Foxfi and some guy started a thread 15 min later.......yeah, I know, I got an ego!!!lol!!!

Nizmoz

Reaction score
Got mine to work. Had to shut down the app, then reactivate the wifi tether then it worked. Each time you turn it off you have to shut down the app for it to work the next time.

fegriffith

Reaction score
If your devices are not seeing the FoxFi hotspot you need to reboot your phone. You might even have to reboot it twice.

mtpromises111

Reaction score
foxfi

i can see the foxfi app. & i think it is on. when i try to connect my computer it asks for a password & i'm not sure that i assigned one. how can i get in to change or assign a new one?

is it possible to delete zerizons hot spot from the phone completely & is that a good idea?

It does say that foxfi is turned on & the computer shows good to excellent signal. just can't log on to foxfi.

HELP

Thanks,

fegriffith

Reaction score
i can see the foxfi app. & i think it is on. when i try to connect my computer it asks for a password & i'm not sure that i assigned one. how can i get in to change or assign a new one?

is it possible to delete zerizons hot spot from the phone completely & is that a good idea?

It does say that foxfi is turned on & the computer shows good to excellent signal. just can't log on to foxfi.

HELP

Thanks,

Within the FoxFi app itself there are a total of 5 lines....

The first is where you activiate the wifi hotspot and it sounds like you got that figured out.

The 2nd is the network name...mine was defaulted to Android and a number. You can probably change it to say anything you want but I left mine alone.

The 3rd line is Password (WPA2). If you tap that row you will then be taken to a screen where you can enter a password that you would then need to enter in order to access the connection.

Do not touch the Hash Info at all.

Is your computer trying to connect to a network that has the name Android in it? If not you are not connecting to the Razr.

mtpromises111

Reaction score
foxfi connect

thanks to all that replied to me. so far it seems to be working.

Wopback

Reaction score
If your still having issues. Uninstall the app n reboot the phone.....then reinstall. Should be a smooth log in

ablank

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the foxfi update?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums