Razr tethering

ddfuji

Reaction score
Just my opinion but, 20GB is what causes the carriers to crack down on this type of stuff. What we are doing is violating our TOS and we should be a little more cognizant of the amount of data we use illegally. I've always compared it to speeding....yes it's illegal to go 5MPH over the speed limit but you can probably get away with. Go 50MPH over the speed limit and you are asking for major trouble.

Amen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
For those of you who are looking for a tethering app, Barnacle is in the market. I just rooted and downloaded it. It was one I used with my OG and DX.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I couldn't get Barnacle to work, but I did successfully get this method to work...

[video=youtube;HdTOOfogAaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdTOOfogAaU[/video]

Last edited:

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Is any one having an issue with wifi teather? I have tried almost all versions of it cant get it to work again. Help please. I have enabled access control. I keep getting DISABLED NAT rules in the show log. ANY IDEAS?

Deron

Reaction score
Can you post the steps? I can't make it work

It's tricky some times to get them to pair. Just keep at it and you'll get it. I've had to restart from scratch a few times.

Basically you start by going into your Bluetooth submenu on your Razr. Turn on Bluetooth. Make device discoverable. Then turn on bluetooth on the iPad. The iPad automatically becomes discoverable and searches for devices. Now on your Razr click the button to Search For Devices. Then on the iPad click on the device named Droid Razr and a window should pop up telling you the passcode. On the Razr you should also click on the device to acknowledge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Deron

Reaction score
In the Verizon store I Bluetooth tethered my Razr to a Droid Xyboard tablet. And just like the iPad I could only get 3g to work smoothly. 4g use was intermittent and streaming videos on YouTube was not working. The Verizon Rep thinks that Bluetooth tethering allows for basic web browsing and email but Verizon may put some sort of data streaming cap when Bluetooth tethering to prevent exploiting the feature too much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I think Bluetooth is only capable of certain speeds. But Bluetooth 4.0 could be different.

swallman

Reaction score
Is any one having an issue with wifi teather? I have tried almost all versions of it cant get it to work again. Help please. I have enabled access control. I keep getting DISABLED NAT rules in the show log. ANY IDEAS?

Is your phone rooted ? I would imagine so, otherwise WiFi Tether won't work at all. All I did was make sure the Device Profile was set to "Motorola Droid RAZR" and enabled WiFi-Encryption (and also changed the passphrase). I'd start there (keep it simple) and see if that works for you. I've had issues in the past on other phones getting access control to work correctly.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Is your phone rooted ? I would imagine so, otherwise WiFi Tether won't work at all. All I did was make sure the Device Profile was set to "Motorola Droid RAZR" and enabled WiFi-Encryption (and also changed the passphrase). I'd start there (keep it simple) and see if that works for you. I've had issues in the past on other phones getting access control to work correctly.

Are you using Barnacle or Open Garden?

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
That's ad-hoc though, and not infrastructure. Some devices won't connect via ad-hoc.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
It works for me too because my iPad will connect via ad-hoc. My friends Playbook needs infrastructure.

javiair33

Reaction score
Thank you for this most helpful tip! Just did my iPad 2 to my RAZR and it worked. I'm only on 3G but I'll try it the next time I'm in a 4G area.

How did you get it to work using the Bluetooth Tethering? Did you have to change any settings? Also my RAZR isnt Rooted. Thanks

javiair33

Reaction score
How did you get it to work using the Bluetooth Tethering? Did you have to change any settings? Also my RAZR isnt Rooted. Thanks