Razr screen...

breedingh8

Reaction score
Just got off my tablet and picked up phone for something and of course after reading all the negative dribble about the green/blue hues and whites not white blah...just wanna say...must be alot of has units out there or mixed screens in units because my screen is over 50% covered in white as I type this lag free and cruzing along, my screen looks absolutely amazing and I just put down my galaxy tab 10.1 that I just starred at it's beautiful display for hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The Razr has anything but an amazing screen, although it has an adequate screen. I have checked 4 different units and all had color tinged screen, all with the brightness to max. They ranged from grey to green. I still would get one, the screen is not that terrible. For me the non-removable battery if much more of an issue.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

breedingh8

Reaction score
The Razr has anything but an amazing screen, although it has an adequate screen. I have checked 4 different units and all had color tinged screen, all with the brightness to max. They ranged from grey to green. I still would get one, the screen is not that terrible. For me the non-removable battery if much more of an issue.

Lol OK. You've played in the store with four different devices ..um I am using mine looks freaking amazing. Honestly I just went and turned on my DX looks horrible compared ..lol again this wasn't to start a debate just wanted to share after jumping off my tablet and reading the poor screen reviews ..peace

OP
B

breedingh8

Reaction score

http://db.tt/b3O0D9pG

OP
B

breedingh8

Reaction score

What's the battery issue..I hardly keep a phone for 20 months I dont foresee an issue if the battery's faulty I suppose insurance replaces it.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
http://db.tt/b3O0D9pG

You don't see thre grey in the attached
Pic? It's very clear to me.

The battery problem is it can't be changed when it's low, at least once a week I need to swap batteries.

Last edited:

fauxreall

Reaction score
i think in terms of pixelation it is most noticeable on that entire grey screen in the market. but otherwise, i dont have a problem with it and white looks white. only time its problem is when brightness is turned down, but after awhile u dont even notice it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea the RAZR has an nice screen. Is it the best? No.... no screen is the best, they all have pros n cons. Compared to my Droid X1....it is real nice.....overall. I have seriously changed my opinion on Amoled screens now. Used to didnt like them, now I dont know if I can go back to LCD.

mzjin

Reaction score
Just got off my tablet and picked up phone for something and of course after reading all the negative dribble about the green/blue hues and whites not white blah...just wanna say...must be alot of has units out there or mixed screens in units because my screen is over 50% covered in white as I type this lag free and cruzing along, my screen looks absolutely amazing and I just put down my galaxy tab 10.1 that I just starred at it's beautiful display for hours.

Ignorance is bliss. Don't go near an iPhone 4S.

OP
B

breedingh8

Reaction score

Half my work has them, see'm all the time - not that impressed rather lose some screen quality to run android. Also, I'm coming from a DX- screen on my RAZR is nice for me, in comparison. Not saying it's #1 or even close just saying it's getting a bad rap iMO.

mzjin

Reaction score
Half my work has them, see'm all the time - not that impressed rather lose some screen quality to run android. Also, I'm coming from a DX- screen on my RAZR is nice for me, in comparison. Not saying it's #1 or even close just saying it's getting a bad rap iMO.

For good reason. I come from an iPhone 4 and the Droid Razr screen is just bad. Blue tint, poor whites, pixelated ... and then black splotches in the dark. It's hilariously bad. Of course, if you're coming from even worse phones, it's going to seem better. Anything will.

You guys should listen to Engadget's podcast sometimes, they will rip into Motorola and the Razr for all of these reasons (especially laggy Motoblur).

Androidatic

Reaction score

Don't worry, not a chance of that happening. The sacrifices of the iPhone FAR outweigh the benefits.

Back on topic though....I really like the Razr's screen. Like someone else said, it's not the best but it more than does the job for 99% of the people out there. Sure you will find those who claim it's sub-par, but that's expected with anything, and some people will complain just to complain.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont feed the.....

About the screen "issues" ....its related to Amoled screens in general....so its not specific to the RAZR.

Last edited:

icepick method

Reaction score
The pixiletion/pixel density is the biggest problem for me. My og droid looks a lot better. No jaggies or faint screendoor mesh over everything. Any chance the Droid 4's slightly higher pixel density will alleviate this?

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
If I could permanently attach a telescope to my head I might consider the tiny iPhone 4s screen, but I prefer a screen I can see. I don't care if a micro organism screen is the best there ever was if I can't see it exists.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums