Razr reveiw vs 4s... what a joke

satarecah

Reaction score
Anyone else notice Almost every single reveiw about the two favors the iphone yet the razr has it beat in all most all its specs... not to mention the "And the razr has no removable battery so thats points off..." last time i checked neither did the iphone LOL.. soo idk did anyone else notice the fact the world has been brain washed by apple?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
That's just the way the media is, mainstream, niche, or otherwise. Always a bias leaning more towards something. The applezombism is huge.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Anyone else notice Almost every single reveiw about the two favors the iphone yet the razr has it beat in all most all its specs... not to mention the "And the razr has no removable battery so thats points off..." last time i checked neither did the iphone LOL.. soo idk did anyone else notice the fact the world has been brain washed by apple?
I'd bet the people who wrote those reviews are iPhone owners, members of the liberal press and been drinking Apple Kool Aid all their cuddled life...MacBoys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

eric.scheman

Reaction score

I hate Mac/ Apple. Everyone assumes they are so great when in reality you can buy a pc for half of the price of a Mac Ans the specs are a thousand times better

OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
Yup considering my gaming pc would blow every single mac out of the water :) i have the fastest quad core on the market along with the 590gtx :D how many macs can say that?
But yeah ive had the iphone 4 i droped it for a galaxy s phone and ive messed with the 4s a little and the s2 blows it outa the water 110% and my little razr blows the skyrocket outa the water soo where does that leave the standing :) maybe the media should just own both phones before they do reviews in all honesty as much as i hate apple the 4s is ok for people who have trouble with "tech" like older people who think a dual core chip is a multi flavored chip LOL each phone has their respective pros and cons the phones are just for different people i care about specs thats why i buy android.... if i wanted somthing simple to use and nice id buy the iphone

Zandar

Reaction score
I don't get the "use the iphone because it's simpler" mantra. If you want a wall-of-apps interface, Android does that by default. No one forces anyone to load widgets, live wallpaper, or home screen replacements.

The Apple bias runs deep, and I think I know why: the ipod. iPods are ubiquitous media players, and most tech-wannabe people own one (like tech bloggers and reviewers). When people made the jump to a smartphone, the iphone had a familiar interface so there was zero learning curve; after all, it's basically an ipod touch with phone calling and 3G. Thus the myth of "easy to use" was perpetuated. But it's a myth.

Case in point: my wife. She is by no means a techie. She prefers an actual notepad to a virtual one, and it took a long time for her to even use the internet on her smartphone. She has only had Droids (OG Droid, now a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7) and has never used an ipod. She has zero issues using her GTab or the OG before it. However, when she uses her friend's iphone, I hear her saying things like, "Where's the back button? How do you search from here? How do I get to the menu? How do I switch apps? etc." The iphone isn't easier to use; it's just different. But, since the interface is the exact same as the most popular media player out there, people who have extensively used that media player (ipod) will think iphone is a very simple, intuitive interface.

Back on topic: I don't get it, either. The RAZR has a better screen (I don't care about the resolution; sAMOLED>IPSLCD), faster processor, cooler form factor, bigger screen, thinner profile, FAR better OS, better call quality, faster mobile data, more options, and on and on and on. I have a few Applehead friends, and they won't even look at my Android stuff. It's weird; I like tech, so when a buddy of mine got the first ipad I couldn't wait to try it out. He claims to like tech, but really only likes Apple. When I got my Droid, my Android tablet, and now my RAZR, he couldn't care less. This is a guy that said, when my OG Droid had great multitasking, "Wy would I need that on a phone?" When Apple got iOS4, though, he suddenly thought multitasking was awesome. I wonder how he (and other Apple faithful) would react if Apple came out with a 4G phone (that can be turned to 3G to save battery) with a 4.3" sAMOLED screen, live wallpapers, and widgets? I bet he'd find it pretty compelling.

RecklessFable

Reaction score
I'd bet the people who wrote those reviews are iPhone owners, members of the liberal press and been drinking Apple Kool Aid all their cuddled life...MacBoys.

Did you really just attribute the "liberal" label to the tech press? Please don't tell my you think that Android is conservative choice. I like my technology to be free of unrelated philosophies :D

Zandar

Reaction score
Did you really just attribute the "liberal" label to the tech press? Please don't tell my you think that Android is conservative choice. I like my technology to be free of unrelated philosophies :D
I wouldn't think Android is the "conservative" choice, but most tech press I've read is pretty liberal (when they get into politics, which is kind of rare). Apple is generally embraced by liberals due to it being the OS of choice for higher education (one of the reasons Apple's main "charity" is to give colleges discounts on their hardware). There's nothing wrong with any of that, but it could explain the bias towards Apple products in tech site reviews, which is what I think jpcalhoun was saying.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yes I did. From my first hand exposure to "techies" and my browsing the tech oriented articles, blogs etc it is clear to me that iPhone users, particularly techies, also have a very left wing/liberal idiology about life in general. And, they are just as "blind" and unwilling to see anything a different way. Are Android techies more conservative...yeah I think so in general.

RecklessFable

Reaction score
Perhaps, but I still can't help but see the "liberal media" comment above as a written more from the habit of using pre-canned epithets. But that is a conversation for another forum, or maybe even board.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Perhaps, but I still can't help but see the "liberal media" comment above as a written more from the habit of using pre-canned epithets. But that is a conversation for another forum, or maybe even board.
Yeah, no need to start an off topic discussion here...it can only go down hill if you know what I'm saying.

notbrant

Reaction score
It's usually not a joke when it comes from a reputable site.

When I was looking to upgrade my device, I checked big sites, CNET, Edgadget, etc. and Found most sites will tell you to get which device based on what you use your device for.

I take any reviews by some guy or "company" that mainly houses all their content in their Youtube videos like A LOT of the reviewers out there, with a grain of salt.

Bottom line is what kind of device is good for you is based on your needs and demands of the phone.

I have owned(or my GF owned and I used extensively) every Apple phone, a few different blackberry's and a handful of Android phones.

For my tastes and needs, which are work related with a little media and browsing/videos built in, I like Android handsets. I need 4G and apple doesn't offer that yet. The big screen make it easier for emails and web-browsing. HDMI out really helps me out a lot too. The RAZR, which I have, links up to my car just fine, and syncs with my Outlook and Google accounts just fine. The ability to customize with Android is also top notch and second to none IMO.

I'd say the Blackberry's work for those who like that OS and need Microsoft exchange support, as they do it best.

iPhone's in my opinion are best for casual phone users who want games and media content, as well as a decent amount of business applications.

With any review, you need to take it with a grain of salt, but know any reputable site won't say a phone sucks unless it actually does.

The only people i've see saying the RAZR sucks are probably 21, still living at home, and making videos on the computer their parents bought them.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
It's usually not a joke when it comes from a reputable site.

When I was looking to upgrade my device, I checked big sites, CNET, Edgadget, etc. and Found most sites will tell you to get which device based on what you use your device for.

I take any reviews by some guy or "company" that mainly houses all their content in their Youtube videos like A LOT of the reviewers out there.

Bottom line is what kind of device is good for you is based on your needs and demands of the phone.

I have owned(rf my GF owned and I used extensively) every Apple phone, a few different blackberry's and a handful of Android phones.

For my tastes and needs, which are work related with a little media and browsing/videos built in, I like Android handsets. I need 4G and apple doesn't offer that yet. The big screen make it easier for emails and web-browsing. HDMI out really helps me out a lot too. The RAZR, which I have, links up to my car just fine, and syncs with my Outlook and Google accounts just fine. The ability to customize with Android is also top notch and second to none IMO.

I'd say the Blackberry's work for those who like that OS and need Microsoft exchange support, as they do it best.

iPhone's in my opinion are best for casual phone users who want games and media content, as well as a decent amount of business applications.

With any review, you need to take it with a grain of salt, but know any reputable site won't say a phone sucks unless it actually does.

The only people i've see saying the RAZR sucks are probably 21, still living at home, and making videos on the computer their parents bought them.
+1:rating10:

cptrazr

Reaction score
I find this post interesting because CNET, one of the BIGGEST reviewers raves about the RAZR and gives it a higher rating than the iPhone 4S.

I own both, and when people ask me which is better I ask them what they want to get out of their phone. If they're a technical person and have 4G coverage in their area I go with Android. If they like a minimalistic look and want an easy-to-operate phone I steer them towards the iPhone 4S. One thing I can't argue is the iPhone 4S' camera puts the RAZR's to shame.

Android has done a great job tightening up their OS that now it's really preferencial and either is a great phone.

Zandar

Reaction score
If they like a minimalistic look and want an easy-to-operate phone I steer them towards the iPhone 4S.
How is it that the RAZR can't be as minimalistic and easy to operate as the iPhone 4S? I've never understood this viewpoint. If you simply want a bunch of apps and no widgets, live wallpapers, or the like, go for it! Why is it Apple gets points for being "simple" when Android can be just as simple? Unless, like I said earlier, we're assuming someone is coming from an iPod Touch.