RAZR Replacement screen

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
What's the best option for me to get my screen replaced? I'm not mechanically savy and would prefer to have someone do it for me, but where do I take it? Are there stores that will do this? Anywhere online that people would recommend? I want to find the cheapest option (besides a DIY) so anything over $100/120 is a stretch.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I don't think you'll find repair for the price you are looking for because the screens cost more than that. You don't have insurance? Maybe someone knows something i don't. But when i was looking into fixing one myself, i couldn't find the screens for less than $150

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends on what's actually broken, is the display itself damaged? Or just the top layer, aka the "digitizer." The digitizer is cheaper, because its the top layer that fits on top of the display itself, but if you need the whole display itself, well that's gonna run you some money...

Motorola Droid Razr Screen Replacements & Parts

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true, but he said he didn't want to do it himself, so of a screen is $89 how much labor is someone gonna charge? Probably still at least $150+

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true, but he said he didn't want to do it himself, so of a screen is $89 how much labor is someone gonna charge? Probably still at least $150+

Indeed, to find someone else to do with be more money, but I think with clear instructions from youtube or where ever and the right tools, which aren't expensive either, he should be able to pull it off.

There's always a trade off, pay less and DIY, or pay more and have someone else do it. That's almost always how it is....

OP
N

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
It's just the digitizer that's cracked. The display itself is fine. I would be open to a DIY if the price is still upwards of 120ish. I've seen some videos and I suppose it doesn't look too complicated. I just don't want to screw it up.

S

shooting

It's just the digitizer that's cracked. The display itself is fine. I would be open to a DIY if the price is still upwards of 120ish. I've seen some videos and I suppose it doesn't look too complicated. I just don't want to screw it up.
You can find many video on YouTube, but it needs some technical skills. Especially it's hard to seperated the LCD and digitizer because they are compressed by machine. You should think carefully.

OP
N

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
I got quoted for $150 today for replacing the digitizer, so I think I'm going to do it myself, but I can't find a video the includes separating the digitizer from the LCD and the replacing the whole thing back together! Could anyone direct me to a better video?