RAZR reloading pages and generally being a p.o.s.

kayaksport15

Reaction score
I bought my RAZR in March after being talked out of an iPhone 5, and I'm sincerely regretting it. Thus phone has begun reloading pages randomly, and not just on the internet. Applications, games, even the screen will randomly freeze and reload, deleting anything I have written, or done without saving. There is no warning, or promoting to it. This is, in fact my third attempt at posting this thread. Help! Do I need to file an insurance claim and get a new phone or did I have the right idea wanting the iPhone? Is there any way to fix this problem?

debrad0307

Reaction score
Do a factory reset first and see if that fixes your issue.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 4

OP
kayaksport15

kayaksport15

Reaction score
addendum

The battery also depletes at an inordinate rate and the phone generates tons of heat, even when not in use. I've tried to take steps to reduce this problem, like closing apps all the way before opening new ones, dimming the screen all the way and deleting apps that I don't use. The phone will be inactive, locked in my pocket, and I'm practically being burned.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Again, I would try a factory reset to see if that fixes your issue

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 4

OP
kayaksport15

kayaksport15

Reaction score
The battery is better since the factory reset, but the reload issue is still rampant.

OP
kayaksport15

kayaksport15

Reaction score
I'm currently using chrome; the phone default. This issue is system-wide. Every application, even when all signals are off, has been randomly reloading and changing pages unprompted.

debrad0307

Reaction score
May want to give Verizon a call and see what they suggest since a factory reset didn't help.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
After the FDR, did you try installing one app at a time to try to see if you have a run-away app doing these things?

4low4fun

Reaction score
After the FDR, did you try installing one app at a time to try to see if you have a run-away app doing these things?

That's good advice.. its happened to me before. The app that gave me a hard time was a MP3 downloading app.. forget what it was called but it was in the play store..