Razr Power Button Issues

Reaction score
Am I the only one that loathes this power button ?!

I'll give you my RAZR when you take it from my cold, dead hands...

Farsider490

Reaction score
Power button no longer works

My phone died and had the white light which i found out was probably a battery issue. I was able to get it to charge with a car charger and eventually was able to power on my phone. Everything seems to work fine except now the power button does not work in any capacity. I have tried the soft reboot by pressing the power button and the volume control and though it rebooted i still have the same problem. I even tried to do a factory reset and it still does not work. Now the only way to wake up my phone and use it is to answer an incoming call. Does anyone have any other ideas on what to do or do i need to just take it to a repair shop? Thanks for any help you can give

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am familiar with desktop PCs corrupting the boot record or operating system of the computer due to low voltages as a result of a failing power supply. It's possible that your phone's OS is corrupted due to the previously deep discharged battery, which would explain why a factory reset didn't fix your issue with the power button.

You might benefit from re-flashing the OS using http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=216562
Droid RAZR Utility 1.8. Then try the power button and report back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2