RAZR out for delivery....will we be able to activate today?

zman2904

Reaction score
Very excited to get home from work today to get my new RAZR that shipped yesterday. I have one question thought, if Verizon isn't selling until tomorrow at 11:11, we will be able to activate the phone today?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should, but if it's anything like the Bionic's first day or two, it could be a slow activation - heck, the Bionic is still slow to activate sometimes.

xcogman

Reaction score
Activation of Razr

Would not activate, returning it for something that works.:angry:

Gmansurge

Reaction score
Can't activate till 11/11/11 at 11 AM.
I tried.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
man that's a bad plan... then they'll be overwhelmed and slow like they were with the bionic...

OP
zman2904

zman2904

Reaction score
They should be able to activate. Mine is stuck in some sort of loop with the 4G activation, I was told twice that it should activate after midnight. I was assured that when i wake up tomorrow morning(yea, right, Like I will not check at 12:01!) It will be up and running and waiting for the google authentication.

We shall see, needless to say, I am very dissapointed that i can't get it set up tonight...

EL Lacost

Reaction score
So wats the point of getting it 2day? just to see it from the outside and have it in ur hands? Or does it atleast boot up and u can play with it?

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

omster

Reaction score
I received mine today and have officially switched over from the OG Droid :) Comparatively, it's a bigger footprint, it's very fast, big bright display, web browser seems so much faster... haven't tested video, camera, or sound yet - moving some mp3s over to hear the audio - I loved winamp on the OG.

mister_d

Reaction score
Mine came today around noon, activated around one, and I've been using it all day. That doesn't seem right that you can't.

morganight2002

Reaction score
Try this

If you are having problems activating your Droid RAZR TAKE THESE STEPS:

1. TURN YOUR OLD PHONE OFF!!!
2. LOG IN TO MY VERIZON AND CLICK ACTIVATE THE DEVICE.
3. ENSURE SIM CARD IS PROPERLY INSTALLED.
4. TURN THE RAZR ON!!!
5. WAIT FOR THE PHONE TO ACTIVATE THIS WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES TO COMPLETE.
6. RESTART PHONE
7. STILL HAVE PROBLEMS PM OR MESSAGE ME!!

OP
zman2904

zman2904

Reaction score
All is good, as they said, shortly after midnight, I was able to activate. Loving the phone! May have to visit verizon store, noticing some 'discoloration" when i look at a dark background, not too big a deal, but for the price, and since i will have it for two years, think i want to make sure i have a "perfect" new phone..