RAZR or HTC Rezound

cece5702

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on which phone to get at the end of December. The specs seem to be pretty much the same with a few exceptions. I am leaning towards the RAZR but the unremovable battery still has me a little sceptical. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

jjbinks82

Reaction score
"I am leaning towards the RAZR but the unremovable battery still has me a little skeptical"

My buddy got the Razr, told ne it had horrible battery life. Other than that it looked like a sleek phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tucsonscoot

Reaction score
Honstly the razr is a better phone. unless you really want the stuff with beats audio it's not worth it. If you root the RAZR you can help with the battery. I currently have the bionic for my personal line but the RAZR is my work line is much better and worth the buy

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on which phone to get at the end of December. The specs seem to be pretty much the same with a few exceptions. I am leaning towards the RAZR but the unremovable battery still has me a little sceptical. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)
Well, you can read on this forum about a number of issues like battery, data loss etc. You can read the same thing...and more on the HTC/Rezonud forums. They are both exceptional phones that suffer from 3g/4g issues that seem to be more network related than phone related...or maybe a little of both...but both phones suffer from it. I'd recommend you get the phone that feels best for you when you have it in your hands. The capabilities are just about the same. To me, the quality of the Razr sold me over the Nexus (don't like Samsung's "cheap" feeling phones) and HTC's slooow attempts to provide workable update to their phones. I know the Nexus is not out yet (in the US) but the Rezound is...go to your local VZ store and take both for a test ride...then decide. More specifically, about battery life, some common sense and the use of the Smart Actions greatly improve battery life. I turn my phone on at 630AM and off at about 1130PM and have about 70-75% battery left. I use make/receive about 30 minutes of phone calls on average, process 35-40 emails, 20-25 text and browse the web about 15-20 minutes a day...not a heavy user, but not a light user either. So, I don't know what others are doing, or how they have their phone set up, but I'm not experiencing a battery issue or data issue.

Last edited:
OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah but thats the thing, I dont plan to root my phone. I thought the speed and performance was about the same.
Honstly the razr is a better phone. unless you really want the stuff with beats audio it's not worth it. If you root the RAZR you can help with the battery. I currently have the bionic for my personal line but the RAZR is my work line is much better and worth the buy

Deron

Reaction score

I'll bump my thread on battery life experiments to the top of the board so you can get an idea of how long the battery will last under certain apps. You'll want to get a good estimate of this since, as you stated, the RAZR battery is not removable. From what I know the Rezound has a removable battery as well as an extended battery you can purchase.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

benz0

Reaction score
This is a razr forum, so i say get the razr! Okay, ima take off the razr goggles off for now. for me, i tried carrying the spare battery thingy,.but always end up not using it or dont know where i put it...lol (getting old)

I rooted the razr for free tethering, and have rooted tons of other phones, went back and unrooted just because this thing is bad arse as is!! Phone has frozen on me twice, due to bad apps, but was easy to reboot... i dont keep phones no more than a year, so non removeable battery isnt a deal breaker for me.

Battery is like any android phone, but with the right settings, it will last ya all day. I use smart action battery saver, and that thing is a beast of a app! I have it turn off sync and data while not being used and went over 8 hrs with 100% and woke up the next morning still at 100%!!. While i know its in 10% increments, still freaking cool!:biggrin:

Last edited:

benz0

Reaction score
This is a razr forum, so i say get the razr! Okay, ima take off the razr goggles off for now. for me, i tried carrying the spare battery thingy,.but always end up not using it or dont know where i put it...lol (getting old)

I rooted the razr for free tethering, and have rooted tons of other phones, went back and unrooted just because this thing is bad arse as is!! Phone has frozen on me twice, due to bad apps, but was easy to reboot... i dont keep phones no more than a year, so non removeable battery isnt a deal breaker for me.

Battery is like any android phone, but with the right settings, it will last ya all day. I use smart action battery saver, and that thing is a beast of a app! I have it turn off sync and data while not being used and went over 8 hrs with 100% and woke up the next morning still at 100%!!. While i know its in 10% increments, still freaking cool!:biggrin:

The battery would have probly last longer, but had to show attention to her for being a good girl! ;)

rasaun87

Reaction score
Idk what 3g4g issues they are talking about, cuz the rezound has NONE. I had a bionic which has the same network issues as the razr and I was done after that. Got me a rezound and man oh man this thing is beast. Better screen, better camera, smoother internet (razr kinda choppy) the razr has smoother interface only cuz blur is not as heavy as sense. But trust me you will LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE this phone. But give both a shot I presume.

sent from my rezound that may NOT be traded for a gnex

alboboy10

Reaction score
The nexus..otherwise go with HTC rezound. I wouldn't look twice at any motorolas right now

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Bionic and Rezound, and had a Razr for a period in there as well. In my area, and in my experience, the Rezound, hands down, has a much more reliable data connection than both, and definitely more than the Razr. I can also hold onto 4G inside certain buildings/houses that I can't on my Bionic and couldn't on my Razr - and it still works, it's not like it says 4G and isn't really connected. The other night I had to drive from north of Dallas down to south of Dallas, about an hour total. The Bionic lost 4G at least four times while the Rezound held it the entire time -both of them running navigation at the same time. At least the Bionic didn't lose connectivity altogether, it just switched to 3G...

With regard to battery life, the Rezound has been better than the Razr for me, and on par with the Bionic. And yes I had all three side by side for a few days. I simply returned the Razr and now need to settle on the Bionic or Rezound.... or maybe sell both for the Gnex, but I don't know, I'm not overly hyped about it. As was the case with the Inc2, HTC seems to have mastered battery life while idling - it hardly moves when I'm not using it, even on 4G.

HTC, for whatever reason, has a bad rep for bad radios compared to Motorola, but so far that's not the case with the 4G/LTE radios.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
^ thank you!

No idea where people keep getting these complaints about HTC. I have of my own but definitely not about connection

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
^ thank you!

No idea where people keep getting these complaints about HTC. I have of my own but definitely not about connection

I should probably rephrase it to "with the Rezound, that's not the case with 4G/LTE radios"... I'm sure Thunderbolt owners would argue with the way I worded it. :)

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I like the new MotoBlur...I have three devices and yet I still like Samsung better :\

[ ] Motorola Droid: Miui 1.9.30 (BROKEN)
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: ZombieStomped 1.71
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2